As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You might wonder whether your breasts are the right weight for their size. How much should your boobs weigh? In this article, we identify the average weight of breasts depending on their size and how to measure them.
How Much Do Boobs Weigh?
Boobs can weigh from 1 to 4 pounds depending on the size of your band and cup. The average size of breasts is 36C which can weigh up to 2.15 pounds per breast. A pair of D-cup boobs can weigh up to 3.06 pounds.
It is important to weigh your breasts to find out if they are healthy. Losing or gaining breast weight can be caused by changes in the hormones in your body. Sometimes this can be normal, like when you are pregnant.
How to Measure Your Breast Weight
There are different ways to weigh your boobs. Let’s take a look at the two most practiced methods in getting the weight of your breasts.
Methods to Measure Your Breast Weight
|Method 1||Measuring the cup and band size|
|Method 2||Measuring using the displaced method|
|Method 3||Measuring the cup size only|
Measuring the Cup and Band Size
The easiest method between the three is by getting the measurement of your bra cup, which is a combination of your band size and cup size.. This method is simple, because you probably already know your cup size, but this measurement is not always accurate, as breasts can be uneven.
Here is the average weight of your breasts based on your cup and band size:
- Sizes: 32A, 30B, 28C – around 1 pound
- Sizes: 34A, 32B, 30C, 28D – around 1.72 pounds
- Sizes: 36A, 34B, 32C, 30D, 28DD – around 2.26 pounds
- Sizes: 38A, 36B, 34C, 32D, 30DD, 28F – around 3.06 pounds
- Sizes: 40A, 38B, 36C, 34D, 32DD, 30F, 28G – around 4.3 pounds
- Sizes: 42A, 40B, 38C, 36D, 34DD, 32F, 30G, 28H – around 5.14 pounds
- Sizes: 44A, 42B, 40C, 38D, 36DD, 34F, 32G, 30H, 28I – around 5.74 pounds
- Sizes: 44B, 42C, 40D, 38DD, 36F, 34G, 32H, 30I, 28J – around 6.7 pounds
Measuring Using the Displaced Liquid
A more accurate way to get your breasts’ weight is through Archimedes’ principle of liquid displacement. This method takes more effort and may feel awkward but gives the most accurate measurement.
Here are the things that you should prepare:
- kitchen or bathroom scale
- large bowl
- tray with a sizable lip
- pen and paper or calculator
Here are the steps that you should do:
- Measure the weight of the tray and write the measurement on your paper.
- Put the large bowl inside of the tray. Fill the bowl with water up to the brim.
- Place one of your breasts in the bowl until your chest touches the lip of the bowl lightly.
- Take out the bowl. Carry the tray with the displaced water and measure it on the scale.
- Subtract the weight of the tray from the tray that contains water.
- Multiply your answer by 0.9 because your breast tissues are mostly made of fats. Therefore, it has a different density and weight by volume measurement compared to water.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 for the other breast. You have to measure them separately because they may differ in size, shape, and weight.
Measuring the Cup Size Only
The least accurate method of all, you can just go with a generalization based on your cup size.
On average, here is the weight of your breasts based on cup sizes:
- A Cup Breast Weight
- B Cup Breast Weight
- C Cup Breast Weight
- D Cup Breast Weight
- DD Cup Breast Weight
- F Cup Breast Weight
- G Cup Breast Weight
- H Cup Breast Weight
When to Seek a Doctor
Seek a doctor’s advice whenever you feel that there is something wrong with your breasts, whether they are too heavy or too light for their size or if there is any pain or tenderness.
If your breasts become too uncomfortable because of their size and weight, talk to your doctor. Your doctor may recommend breast reduction surgery.
Can the Weight of My Breasts Cause Breast Cancer?
The weight of your breasts can be one of the reasons why cancers or tumors develop. Genetic history, hormone levels, especially estrogen, and environmental factors can contribute to breast cancer in women.
Are There Other Conditions Associated With Heavy Breasts?
Why Does Breast Weight Matter?
Breast weight matters because it might influence your health. Any changes in your breast weight should be tracked, and anything abnormal should be discussed with your doctor.
Boobs may weigh from 1 pound to more than 4 pounds. The weight of your breasts may vary depending on the size and shape of your breasts. You may use your knowledge about your breast size to get the weight of your boobs.
The most accurate way to measure your breasts weight is the displacement method.