If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
You might be wondering whether your breasts have just the right weight for their size. How much do boobs weigh? In this article, you are about to identify the average weight of breasts depending on their size and how to measure them.
How Much Do Boobs Weigh?
Boobs can weigh from 1 to 4 pounds depending on the size of your band and cup. The average size of breasts is 36C which can weigh up to 1.2 pounds per breast. A pair of cup D boobs can weigh up to 3.4 pounds.
Women find it important to weigh their breasts to know if they are healthy. Losing or gaining breast weight can be caused by the change in the hormones in your body. Sometimes it can be normal, just like when you are pregnant. It is normal that your breasts are getting bigger.
How to Measure Your Breast Weight
There are different ways on how to weigh your boobs. Let us take a look at the two most practiced methods in getting the weight of your breasts.
Measuring the Cup Size
The easiest method between the two is by getting the measurement of your cup. It takes little effort and little preparation. However, it is not always accurate. You should also remember that your breasts can be uneven.
Nevertheless, here are the average weight of your breasts based on your cup size.
- Sizes: 32A, 30B, 28C – around 1 pound
- Sizes: 34A, 32B, 30C, 28D – around 1.2 pounds
- Sizes: 36A, 34B,32C, 30D, 28E – around 1.4 pounds
- Sizes: 38A, 36B, 34C, 32D, 30E, 28F – around 1.8 pounds
- Sizes: 40A, 38B, 36C, 34D, 32E, 30F, 28G – around 2.4 pounds
- Sizes: 42A, 40B, 38C, 36D, 34E, 32F, 30G, 28H – around 3 pounds
- Sizes: 44A, 42B, 40C, 38D, 36E, 34F, 32G, 30H, 28I – around 3.4 pounds
- Sizes: 44B, 42C, 40D, 38E, 36F, 34G, 32H, 30I, 28J – around 4 pounds
Measuring the Displaced Liquid
A better and more accurate way to get your breasts’ weight is through Archimedes’ principle of liquid displacement. It may take a lot of effort and it may feel awkward. But if you need an accurate measurement, this is the method that you should do.
Here are the things that you should prepare:
- kitchen or bathroom scale
- large bowl
- tray with a sizable lip
- pen and paper or calculator
Here are the steps that you should do:
- Measure the weight of the tray and write the measurement on your paper.
- Put the large bowl inside of the tray. Fill the bowl with water up to the brim.
- Place one of your breasts in the bowl until your chest touches the lip of the bowl lightly.
- Take out the bowl. Carry the tray with the displaced water and measure it on the scale.
- Subtract the weight of the tray from the tray that contains water.
- Multiply your answer by 0.9 because your breast tissues are mostly made of fats. Therefore, it has a different density and weight by volume measurement compared to water.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 for the other breast. You have to measure them separately because they may differ in size, shape, and weight.
When to Seek a Doctor
When you feel that there is something wrong with your breasts, either they are too heavy or too light for their size, or you are feeling pain or strain, then that’s the time to seek help. If your breasts feel painful when touched or puts pressure on your arms, neck, and back, talking to your doctor may alleviate the pain with the help of the medication or surgery.
If your breasts become too uncomfortable because of their size and weight, it is proper to go to your doctor and know the things that you should and should not do. Experts may also recommend breast surgery or implant. Breast reduction is a good choice if you have very heavy breasts.
You can get the most accurate estimated weight of your breasts by undergoing an MRI, mammogram, or CT scan.
Can the Weight of My Breasts Cause Breast Cancer?
Yes. The weight of your breast can be one of the reasons why cancers or tumors develop. Other reasons why women develop breast cancer are genetic history, hormone levels especially estrogen, and lifestyle.
Are There Other Conditions Associated With Heavy Breasts?
Women who have heavy breasts can experience other conditions from minor to more serious ones. Heavy breasts can cause pain, back pain, and shoulder pain. It can also result in headaches, posture issues, and shortness of breath.
Boobs may weigh from 1 pound to more than 4 pounds. It may vary depending on the size and shape of your breasts. You may use your knowledge about your breast size to get the weight of your boobs.
The more accurate thing to do to measure your breast weight is the displacement method.