Bras are meant to fit tight and snug. The problem with this is that it can often lead to unflattering layers of back fat that form above and below the bra lines. We’re listing the best bras for back fat to give you a sleek silhouette and a well-supported bust.
While we provide in-depth recommendations and reviews below, our top pick (by a landslide) is the Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra. This front closure bra is super convenient to wear, while also featuring a really wide band to support your breasts. Its the most comfortable option out of all that we reviewed.
- Top 10 Bras to Hide Back Fat Reviews
- Best Bra to Hide Back Fat Overall: Bali Women’s Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra
- Best Bra for Side and Back Fat With a Thick Band: Olga Women’s Signature Support Satin Bra
- Best Wire-Free Bra to Hide Back Fat: Warner’s Underarm Smoothing Bra
- Best Back Smoothing Bra for Small Breasts: SPANX Womens Brallelujah! Bra
- Best Full Coverage Bra to Hide Back Fat: Bali One Smooth U Shapewear Bra
- Best Back Smoothing Multiway Bra: True & Co True Convertible Strap Bra
- Best Back Smoothing Longline Bra: Shapeez Shortee Back Smoothing Bra
- Best Posture Bra for Back Support: Delimira X-Shaped Bra
- Best Plus Size Back Smoothing Bra: Goddess Avelaide Full Cup Bra
- Best Underwired Bra to Hide Back Fat: Chantelle Women’s C Back Smoothing Bra
- Features to Consider for Back Smoothing Bras
- Related Questions
Top 10 Bras to Hide Back Fat Reviews
While we provide in-depth recommendations and reviews below, our top pick (by a landslide) is the Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra. This front-closure bra includes seamless cups, reinforced side panels, and a wide band to support your breasts while taming extra fat.
Finding the right bra for your body is hard enough as it is. It is more so if seeing something that focuses on supporting your breasts. We have our back smoothing bras to show how they eliminate the unattractive side and back fat bulges.
Best Bra to Hide Back Fat Overall: Bali Women’s Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra
Are you searching for a convenient, easy-to-wear bra to help you hide back fat? The Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Front-Close Shaping Underwire Bra is the best bra for controlling back fat. It offers all-around comfort without sacrificing fit and full support.
The front close clasp is made from sturdy plastic and is double-reinforced, so it should last a long time. It isn’t a metal clasp, which we would have preferred. Since the bra fastens in the front, this underwired bra has more back coverage to smooth out and shape the torso.
Its lightly padded cups prevent anything from showing through on a cold day. However, it is not heavily padded, so you won’t get any push-up features or added bust volume.
Similar to SPANX Bra-Llelujah, this underwire bra’s design features a straight wide band structure for smoothing your back and side bulges. The cups are lined with ultra-thin stretch foam, providing extra lift and the proper support for your breasts.
For added comfort, this bra includes adjustable wide straps that help the band and cups stay in place. Even full-figured women won’t feel any pressure on their shoulders when wearing it. This bra also minimizes your bustline by up to almost two inches.
Even though the underwire is quite long, this full-coverage bra will give you a more rounded bust by contouring the breast tissue. This is a total advantage, especially if you want quality smoothing bras to pair with tight-fitting tops or tops that cling to your body.
Since the Bali Comfort Revolution has a higher nylon content than the others, the full-cup design gives you the coverage and flexible support you need when wearing them. It feels so comfortable, so it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing a bra.
- The front closure design creates a smooth back.
- Foam-lined cups push breast tissue up and center to avoid back spillage.
- The plastic clasp is quite flimsy compared to its metal counterparts.
- The straps are unusually short, so adjustments might get limited.
- THREE WORDS DESCRIBE THIS UNDERWIRE BRA: Comfort, comfort, comfort.
- THE SUPPORT YOUR CURVES NEED - Ultra-thin stretch foam cups fit your curves beautifully while...
- KEEP YOUR COOL - Cool Comfort fabric wicks away moisture to keep you cool and dry all day.
Best Bra for Side and Back Fat With a Thick Band: Olga Women’s Signature Support Satin Bra
The Olga Women's Signature Support Satin Bra is one of the best bras for back fat because the thick band smooths out your back. Whether you have a small or large cup size, you can avoid unnecessary bulges that tight bras would cause.
Unlike the other bras for back fat, it features a wide flat band and a three-row, three-column hook-and-eye closure around the back that helps prevent back fat from showing through. Covered with soft fabric material, this well-fitting bra is as comfortable as it is flattering.
The Olga Signature has the highest nylon content, giving it superb elasticity, so you can stretch the bra for back support without losing shape. In effect, the cup area provides enough coverage and side support so that your breasts will stay firm and won’t spill out even when you move around.
However, the underwire may feel quite long for petite bodies. This back smoothing bra makes up by gently shaping your breasts and keeping back fat intact. The wide straps are only in front, so there can be thin strap marks at the back.
- Wide, fully adjustable, and centered straps prevent digging in the back.
- Lightly padded underwire cups push breast tissue together to avoid side and back spillage.
- Limited sizes from C to DDD, so ladies with smaller or extra large breasts can’t try this.
- The underwire is a bit long, which may poke in the sides.
- Lightly padded underwire for enhanced comfort and side support
- Soft fabric inside of cups provides ultimate comfort
- Comfort back prevents straps from slipping
Best Wire-Free Bra to Hide Back Fat: Warner’s Underarm Smoothing Bra
See that unsightly underarm bulge you get whenever you wear a bra? Consider that problem solved with the help of the Warner's Women's Bra. This is among the best bras for back fat because of its flexible foam cups, adjustable straps, and broad side wings for back support.
The shoulder straps are designed to stay on the shoulders, ensuring they don’t creep their way down the arms. Moreover, the bra contains wide back straps that won’t dig into your skin.
In contrast to the other bras for back fat, the underwire lacks cushioning. However, the wide band is flexible enough not to dig painfully into the skin.
It also won’t chafe underarms and create unattractive back bulges. The materials, cup sizes, and strap design work together to contain your breasts and back fat.
Even though Warner’s No Side Effects Bra has a narrower band than the others, the elastic band covers the side boob comfortably while ensuring you can move freely and look good.
Despite a lot of activity or movement, the sides won’t ride up even if you wear the eye closure on the loosest hook. If you feel your breasts spill out the sides of your bra, you might want to check out our best side fat bra review.
- Elastic-free side panels provide extra side coverage to remove underarm and back bulges.
- Flexible foam cups contain breast tissue completely to avoid pushing out extra flesh.
- DD is the biggest cup, so ladies with extra large breasts may find the cups quite small.
- Thin straps only suit those with broad shoulders
- Side-smoothing panels
- Elastic-free sides and back for a seamless look
- Flexible foam cups for the perfect fit
Best Back Smoothing Bra for Small Breasts: SPANX Womens Brallelujah! Bra
The SPANX Women’s Bra-Llelujah! Bra is one of the best smoothing bras because it features a front closure clasp that allows the bra to sit flat against your back. The complete coverage prevents back fat from forming at the clasp while ensuring adequate support for the bust.
The band’s seamless and stretchy material allows it to hug around your back without digging too much into your skin. It remains a comfortable bra while the wide band forces out lumps from the edges or sides of your upper body.
Some ladies can have big band sizes yet small cup sizes. While its neckline is deeper than the Bali and Warner’s bras, there’s adequate support to the bust without putting a lot of strain on the back.
However, this underwired bra does not have foam padding, and the straps are not adjustable. It features the SPANX Smart Stretch feature, making the straps stretchy yet has superb recoverability to retain shape.
This is the only bra that uses 100% cotton, yet the back feels like a second skin. While not that stretchable, this fabric provides comfort with the help of the cups, straps, wings, and back band. The band sizes range from 32-38, and cups from A-DD.
- A straight, smooth back conceals bulges for a sleeker silhouette.
- Full coverage cups and front-clasping design eliminate overspills.
- Straps are not adjustable, so you can’t reposition them.
- The material may feel too warm on hot days.
- Style Number: 30011R.
- This fan-favorite bra features SPANX Smart Stretch Straps and customized back zones that provide...
- AVAILABLE IN REGULAR AND PLUS SIZES.
Best Full Coverage Bra to Hide Back Fat: Bali One Smooth U Shapewear Bra
The Bali One Smooth U Shapewear Bra is one of the best minimizer bras that also serve as a back smoothing bra. Its soft cups prioritize comfort and the smoothening of your back to avoid showing any lumps when wearing a tight-fitting shirt.
Having seamless cups is vital when looking for a bra to help you tame back fat. Compared to Bali Comfort Revolution’s straight back, this bra’s broad Comfort-U back also prevents the band from slipping on your skin, so there’s less chance for anything to come out.
As a shaper bra, it provides extra support for bottom-heavy breasts, like those with teardrop or bell-shaped breasts. However, the foam cups may be quite bigger for those with an asymmetrical breast shape. Although this isn’t wire-free, the cushion along the underwire prevents chafing.
The band at the back is also wide enough with three hooks and eye closures. Since this full-coverage bra has more hooks than the Goddess and Warner bras, there’s greater back support to balance the contouring from front to back.
The center gore is quite wide, giving a bit of separation between the cups. However, this back-smoothing bra can be helpful for ladies struggling with a uni-boob look. Consequently, the bra follows the natural shape of the bust.
- Full-coverage design keeps breast tissue front and center to prevent back spillage.
- Back-smoothing wings strengthen the edges of the cups to avoid spillover.
- Light padding can’t give a push-up effect, although it contours the breast shape
- Breast separation from the cups isn’t ideal for those with wide-set breasts
- BYE-BYE BULGE - Carefully contoured for smoothing from front to back.
- SMOOTHING PANELS - Petal-shaped panels smooth and conceal.
- CAREFULLY CONTOURED - Provides the coverage and modesty you want.
Best Back Smoothing Multiway Bra: True & Co True Convertible Strap Bra
The True & Co True Bra is another one of the best bras for back fat because the smooth fabric doesn’t dig into the back, keeping fats at bay. The inclusion of multiway straps allows adjusting the fit to prevent excess fat from the shoulders from going to the back.
It combines 23% elastane and 77% nylon, resulting in a sturdy and elastic fabric with a smooth texture that feels like a second skin. Like the Goddess Avelaide Full Cup Bra, this texture makes the bra comfortable, and you can wear it for hours without irritation.
Sometimes the shoulders or the upper back make you look unflattering when they pop out while wearing a normal bra. The sturdiness of this fabric makes the bra hold the back fat firmly, minimizing the chances of the back fat being visible.
The True & Co bra has convertible straps that can be worn either with the straps or strapless, providing adequate support for small cup sizes. It has thinner straps than Delimira and Spanx, although it won’t be much of a problem for those with small breasts.
However, the bottom may roll up due to the pressure of the tummy or bust. Sometimes the bra rolls up completely, especially during intense activities, exposing your body.
- It comes with slim straps that you can convert to a racerback
- It has a wire-free structure, making it flexible and comfortable for the boobs
- It offers minimal support and might not be the best bra to wear if you have heavy, sagging boobs
- The seamless design makes the bra roll up when you lift your hands up
- Slim straps convert to racerback
- Made from our smooth, barely-there True Body microfiber—the softest fabric in our collection
- Wire-free style pulls over with ease. Removable pads included
Best Back Smoothing Longline Bra: Shapeez Shortee Back Smoothing Bra
The Shapeez Shortee Back Smoothing Bra is one of the reliable bras that can support your back fat without getting crumpled up over time. Typically, the sturdiness and durability of the material are essential factors to consider when choosing a bra, especially if you have a heavy bust that can easily rip the fabric.
As the only longline bra on this list, it features a thicker, reinforced band to smooth out everything from the torso to the back. Whether you have a small or heavy bust, you’ll have a curvier bustline without pushing fats to the sides or back.
It mainly consists of 85% nylon and 15% Lycra Spandex. Combining nylon’s sturdiness and Spandex’s flexibility makes the bra elastic and sturdy, letting it withstand pressure from heavy busts and back fat.
Similar to the Bali Comfort Revolution and Olga bras, the bra features molded foam cups that tuck in sagging breasts. In effect, no excess fats will move to the sides, which could eventually head to the back.
If you have back fat, you may want to exercise and lose weight. The body might sweat when engaging in intense activities such as sit-ups, making you feel itchy and irritated.
The good thing is that this comfortable bra comes with moisture-wicking fabric that helps evaporate sweat. This fabric creates a pleasant cooling effect even when wearing layers of clothes.
- The moisture-wicking fabric makes the bra cool and dry regardless of the weather condition
- The underwire provides firm support to the breast without sagging, making the bra proportionately hold the back fat
- It tends to create annoying noises when the strap rubs against the bra
- The bra stretches around the rib area after a couple of wears and might not offer support to the back fat
- SHORT STYLE: An underwire bra made for those days when you just want good breast shaping, support,...
- SUPPORT: The integrated underwire bra provides good breast support and the molded foam cups provide...
- COMFORT: This everyday bra features our 4-way-stretch nylon-lycra MOISTURE-WICKING fabric to keep...
Best Posture Bra for Back Support: Delimira X-Shaped Bra
Delimira X-shaped Bra is one of the best bras for back support that can hide your extra fat and enhance posture. This posture bra is non-wired and doesn’t come with hard paddings, offering great comfort from its thin elastic lining and soft cups.
The bra consists of elastic Spandex and polyamide material. This fabric combination helps align and compress the back, minimizing the visibility of the back fat. Given its six hook-and-eye closure, this bra has more hooks than the other front-clasping bras. This lets the bra have a sturdier structure and complete coverage from front to back.
In comparison to the U-shaped back of other bras, this bra’s X-shape minimizes the chances of the bra slipping off the shoulders, holding every part of your back together even when engaging in intense exercises. You can even reconfigure the adjustable straps in three different ways.
This posture bra has high contours designed to offer full coverage. Meanwhile, wider side wings softly support the back fat without pinching.
This back smoothing bra provides extra support for the bust while giving you comfort, especially when wearing tight tops. The wider sides also make your back look smoother without the bumps resulting from the cellulite.
This wire-free bra compensates by having a thicker underband, giving your bust a natural shape despite the thick, molded cups. This makes the bra a good substitute for highly compressive sports or minimizer bras.
- It has a front hook-and-eye design that gives convenient wear depending on your bra size
- The elastic lining design makes it more comfortable, allowing you to wear it for longer without irritation
- The polyamide fabric reduces air circulation, making it unsuitable for wearing in hot weather
- The lack of padding might be unsuitable for people with smaller boobs as they won’t look fuller
- X-shape back reinforcement for back support and correct posture
- Front hook and eye closure for convenient wear
- Wirefree design, non-padded soft cups with thin elastic lining, for more comfortable & free
Best Plus Size Back Smoothing Bra: Goddess Avelaide Full Cup Bra
The Goddess Avelaide Full Cup Bra is one of the best smoothing bras for plus-size women because it balances the use of molded cups and a thick band to give your back a sleek look.
It primarily uses a combination of nylon and elastane, giving the bra a smooth feel on the skin. Like in the True & Co True Bra, the combination of these materials results in a highly elastic synthetic fabric that makes you comfortable while achieving a smoother appearance.
The compression effect of these materials also helps to hide the back fat, giving you a contoured silhouette by flattening the bulges caused by the fat. It’s almost like the compression-thickened lining of the Delimira bra that helps control back fat.
The Goddess Avelaide bra features a full cup design, which means the cup offers full coverage of breasts and other tissues, including underarm and back fat.
The full-cup bra sometimes holds your back and breasts tightly. This may create discomfort, especially when engaging in extreme activities. However, the bands are stretchy and tend to loosen over time, making the cups sag.
- The bra offers full coverage that covers the breast, armpit, and back area, offering good back fat support
- It features adjustable straps that allow you to adjust the size to your liking
- The nylon material slightly reduces the air circulation, making the bra non-breathable and unsuitable for intense exercises
- The bands are excessively stretchy and might become loose as you lose weight
- Full cup bra with reinforced side panel provides maximum support, lift and shape
- Reinforced cups are cut from a pretty floral lace with a very flat profile to limit show through...
- Stretch elastic on neck edge for ease of fit
Best Underwired Bra to Hide Back Fat: Chantelle Women’s C Back Smoothing Bra
If you are looking for a versatile bra that you can wear in both formal and informal settings, then the Chantelle Women's C Back Smoothing Bra can give you a sleek look and excellent back support. Despite the inclusion of an underwire, the flexible foam cups shape the breast tissue to tuck in fats from every direction.
Its wider band helps fully cover the bust and back area, making you comfortable and confident even when running errands in town. The integrated underwire bra holds more skin, offering proper coverage by reducing the lumps that tend to form over the edges.
The bra has a double-lined mesh band that subtly smooths your sides and back, offering firm support to the breast and the back. The wire pushes and shapes the breast tissue up, especially for those with sagging breasts.
In contrast to molded cups of other bras, this bra’s cup shape doesn’t have enough projection at the bottom. You may need to put chicken cutlet inserts or add padding to improve bust projection.
Compared to the straight back of Spanx and Bali Comfort Revolution, Chantelle’s leotard or U-shaped back creates deeper side wings for full support from front to back.
- Includes center-pull, adjustable straps, making it fit even if you lose weight
- The underwire cups seamlessly lie under any top, allowing it to fit with a wide range of outfits
- The underwire tends to pop out after some time of use and washing
- The straps might slip away, especially when sweaty
- Seamless foam underwire cups
- Full coverage cups with a plunging low center-front
- Wide flat lace band provides support and an ultimate back smoothing effect
Features to Consider for Back Smoothing Bras
The best bras for back fat must have these features to guarantee proper support for the bust while ensuring back smoothing properties. Find the balance between certain elements so the right bra can guarantee an extra lift and back support for a sleek look.
Comparing Bra to Hide Back Fat Features
|Bali Comfort Revolution||94% nylon, 6% Spandex||Straight, smooth back||Front clasp|
|Olga Signature||75% nylon, 25% Spandex||Wide flat band with 3-row closure||Back clasp|
|Warner’s Smoothing||83% nylon, 17% elastane||Narrow band with 2-row closure||Back clasp|
|SPANX Brallelujah!||100% cotton||Straight, smooth back||Front clasp|
|Bali One Smooth U||80% nylon, 20% Spandex||Broad U-shaped back with 3-row closure||Back clasp|
|True & Co True Convertible||77% nylon, 23% elastane||Wide flat band with multiway straps||Pullover|
|Shapeez Shortee||85% nylon, 15% Spandex||Full back||Pullover|
|Delimira X-Shaped||81% polyamide, 19% Spandex||X-shaped back with mesh support||Front clasp|
|Goddess Avelaide||92% nylon, 8% elastane||Broad U-shaped back||Back clasp|
|Chantelle C Back||100% polyester||Broad U-shaped back||Back clasp|
When it has a front closure, you can smoothen the band at the back so as not to dig into your skin before fastening the clasps. Front-closing bras naturally give you a smoother appearance in the back because the material is seamless and not broken up by clasps.
Despite their many advantages and undeniable convenience, smoothing bras with a front hook-and-eye closure is quite rare. If you can’t avoid back clasps, look for something with three hooks for great support from front to back.
Band and Side Panels
The best bras for back fat must have a broader band that will hold in more skin, whether you choose a wire-free or wired style. This prevents the bra from forming lumps over the edges of your band.
Thinner panels may squeeze to the sides, mainly if they press low on the back. This is why you should choose broad panels on the side and back to prevent a bra from forming lumps.
Furthermore, side panels help push breast tissue to the center for a more forward projection and sleek appearance. In effect, the bra can avoid unwanted spillage at the back and sides, giving you a smoother back and a fuller bust.
Since the band provides most of the support, bra straps only help keep cups in place. Wide straps help distribute breast weight, yet they shouldn’t feel too constricting.
Too tight straps can pinch the skin, causing back fat to squeeze out of your bra. Look for adjustable straps to avoid painful squeezing on your shoulders.
Why Does My Bra Make My Back Look Fat?
A bra that doesn’t have a tight band can make the back look fatter than usual. The loose fit causes the band to ride up and push the skin with it.
Is It Normal to Have Some Back Fat?
Yes, having too much back fat is typical, especially if you have poor carbohydrate tolerance. A bad bra fit might also cause some back fat to develop.
How Do I Limit Back Fat?
Improving diet and exercise habits can reduce back fat by targeting muscles and toning the area. Wearing a back smoothing bra that fits correctly can also help anchor the band to smoothen the back.
Whether you have regular sizes of busts orare plus-sized or flat-chested, curvy, or figured, find bras that fit you well and have supportive features to prevent back lumps. The best bra should balance back coverage and provide great support for the bust.