As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Breasts can be different sizes, shapes, point in different directions, and even be different weights. A DD cup size is the average breast cup size in America. So, exactly how much do DD cup breasts weigh?
- How Much Do DD Cups Weigh?
- Related Questions
How Much Do DD Cups Weigh?
Breasts that are DD cups can weigh about 4.3 pounds, meaning each breast cup size may weigh 2.15 pounds. Your actual breast weight would also depend on your band size and cup size.
Have you ever thought about how much your breasts weigh? According to an article published in the International Journal of Clothing Science and Technology, the weight of your breasts may differ from each other. Even two women with the same cup size may have breasts which weigh differently.
To get the most accurate cup size and breast weight, you need to weigh each breast separately, using the water displacement method.
Measuring the Breast Weight Using the Displaced Liquid Method:
A more accurate way to get your breasts’ weight is through Archimedes’ principle of liquid displacement:
You will need the following:
- A kitchen or bathroom scale
- A large bowl
- A towel
- A tray with a sizable lip
- A pen and paper or calculator
Complete the steps below to measure your breast weight:
- Measure the weight of the tray and write the measurement on your paper.
- Put the large bowl inside the tray. Fill the bowl with water up to the brim.
- Place one of your breasts in the bowl until your chest touches the lip of the bowl lightly.
- Take out the bowl. Carry the tray with the displaced water and measure it on the scale.
- Subtract the weight of the tray from the tray that contains water.
- Multiply your answer by 0.9 as your breast tissues are mostly made of fats, which means it has a different density and weight by volume measurement compared to water. The amount of dense tissue also affects breast weight, so even women with the same cup size may have breasts that weigh differently.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 for the other cup size. You have to measure your breasts’ weight separately because they may differ in size, shape, and weight. Some brands also differ in cup diameter and underwire sizes.
How Much Do DD Cups Breasts Weigh According to Band Size?
To get a better handle on how much your breasts weigh, below are some equivalents and analogies that can help you see the breast weight by size. To have a thorough comparison, let’s begin with the regular and average bra sizes for the DD cup size.
Note that this comes from the average wire size and the cup diameter of the most common bra brands. Here’s how much DD breasts weigh by cup size.
- 28DD cup size: about 1.13 pounds per breast
- 30DD cup size: about 1.53 pounds per breast
- 32DD cup size: about 2.15 pounds per breast
- 34DD cup size: 2.57 pounds per breast
- 36DD cup size: 2.87 pounds per breast
- 38DD cup size: 3.35 pounds per breast
- 40DD cup size: 4.03 pounds per breast
How Many Inches Is a DD Cup Size?
DD cups have an average measurement of 24.2 to 42.1 inches in the under-bust and 34.4 to 50 inches in the over-bust. For such bra sizes, there is usually a five-inch difference between the band and bust.
If your band size is in size range of 28 to 46 inches, then your DD breasts’ weight is anywhere from 2.26 to 6.7 pounds.
How to Measure Your DD Cup Size
For bra sizes, a bra cup is generally the difference between the bust line measurement and the chest size. For instance, if your bust line measures 36 and the chest size is 32 inches:
36″ – 32″ = 4″.
The difference is 4 inches, which means your cup size plays around D to DD cup sizes. International bra cup sizes don’t exist as labeling varies from one country to another.
As a result, about 25% of women, especially those with bigger busts like DD cups, have trouble finding a bra cup size that fits properly. This is also why D cup breasts weigh differently than DD cups. Others may choose to purchase custom-made bras depending on their breasts’ weight.
Steps to Measure a DD Cup Size
Here are a few steps to help you correctly measure and get the right DD cup size:
|Step 1||Measure the bustline|
|Step 2||Measure the fullest part of the bust|
|Step 3||Measure the band size by the bust size|
- Look for a bra in your closet or store. Ensure the bra feels completely comfortable. Bra sizes should be snug around your body without being too tight.
- The cups should completely contain your breasts. If your breasts spill over the top or sides of the cup, the DD cup is likely too small. If there are gaps or puckering in the cup, the DD cup size is likely too large for your breasts’ weight.
- Check to ensure the back of the bra stays in place. If it rides up, you may need a smaller band size. Make sure to check that the center of the bra stays flat against your breastbone.
- Ensure the straps support your breasts without digging into your shoulders. If they do, you may need a bra with wider straps or more structure in the band and cup to relieve the pressure on the strap.
- To measure your band size, wrap a measuring tape directly under your bustline, making sure it’s parallel with both sides of where the bra band meets your torso.
- Measure your bust area. Place the tape in a smooth line parallel with the band of any bra you are wearing, and leave some room for movement for your breasts’ weight!
- The difference between your bust and band size is your cup size. Every inch of difference equals one whole cup size higher. (1 in = A cup, 2 in = B cup, 3in = C cup, 4 in = D cup, 5 in = DD cup bra sizes, etc.)
Backless and strapless options are tough to find in the DD cup size. Read our reviews of the top strapless bras for larger cups.
Is DD Cup the Same as E Cup Size?
No, a DD cup size and an E cup are not the same. A DD cup bra is an inch smaller with a breast weight that is 0.2 pounds lighter than an E cup bra. An E cup size can sometimes be referred to as a DDD size in the US sizing chart.
What Is the Normal Breast Size of a Woman?
In the U.S., 34DD cup size is the normal breast size. However, factors such as genes and health can also impact your size. Teenagers often have band sizes between 30 and 36 and cup sizes between A and D.
How Much Do DDD Breasts Weigh?
DDD cups usually weigh around 5-6 pounds, or 2.5 – 3 pounds per breast. This weighs roughly 20–30% more than DD breasts and 50% more than D breasts. Keep in mind it is heavily dependent on the band size as well. For example, 30DDD boobs will weigh less than 40DDD breasts.
DD cups usually weigh up to 4.3 pounds or 2.15 pounds for each breast. To get the most accurate weight of your cup size, you should weigh each breast separately, using the water displacement method. If you are concerned about the size and weight of your breasts, ask your doctor for advice.