As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Breasts can have different sizes, shapes, directions, and definitely, weight. Women with DD cups might be wondering about the weight of their breasts to know if they are normal and healthy, or not. So, how much do DD cups weigh?
How Much Do DD Cups Weigh?
DD cups can weigh about 4.2 pounds for both of your breasts. If your bra size is a DD cup, each of your breasts may weigh at about 950 ml or 2.09 pounds. The size of your bra can also give you an idea of how much they weigh.
You can compare a pair of DD cups to two small turkeys. However, according to an article published in the International Journal of Clothing Science and Technology, the weight of your breasts may differ from each other, so to get the accurate weight, you need to weigh them separately.
D Cup Size
To have a better grasp on how your breasts weigh, here are some equivalents and analogies that can help you visualize how much your breasts can measure. To have a thorough comparison, let’s begin with the regular and average size before the DD cup size.
D cup breasts can weigh around 3.4 pounds. This is the equivalent to 7 to 8 pieces of D batteries and about 2 ½ bags of coffee beans. D cups can measure up to 36 inches which is just an inch smaller than DD cups.
DD cups can weigh up to 4.2 pounds which is equivalent to 4 standard-sized football or four blocks of butter. This size is considered a big band size because it can reach up to 42 inches.
What Is a DD Bra Size?
Basically, DD is an inch bigger than a D cup size. Even if your bust line is 36 inches, a 36DD cup would fit bigger than a 36D bra.
In US sizing, a DD bra size is about five inches larger than the band size from the ribcage. For UK sizing, it can be around five to six inches.
How to Measure Your DD Cup Size
A bra cup is generally the difference between the bust line measurement and the chest size. For instance, if your bust line measures 36 and the chest size is 32″. 36″ – 32″ = 4″. The difference is 4″, which means your cup size is the “D” cup which is fourth.
International bra cup sizes don’t exist as labeling varies from one country to another and even between brands. As a result, about 25% of women, especially those with bigger busts like DD have trouble finding a properly fitting bra while others choose to purchase custom-made bras.
Well, here are a few steps to help you correctly measure and get the right DD cup size:
- Look for a bra in your storage or store. Ensure the bra feels completely comfortable. The bra should be snug around your body without being too tight.
- The cups should completely contain your breasts. If breasts spill over the top or sides of the cup, the DD cup is likely too small. If there are gaps or puckering in the cup, the DD cup is likely too large.
- Check to ensure the back of the bra stays in place. If it rides up, you may need a smaller band size. Proceed to check the center of the bra to stay flat against your breastbone.
- Check to ensure the straps support your breasts without digging into your shoulders. If they do, you may need a bra with wider straps or more structure in the band and cup to relieve pressure on the strap.
- To measure your band wear a better grasp lightly lined or no bra to feel natural and comfortable. Get yourself measured for the perfect fit by wrapping this measuring tape directly under your bustline, making sure it’s parallel with both sides of where the band meets the body (the bottom section).
- Proceed to measure your bust area. Place the tape in a smooth line parallel with the band of any bra you are wearing, and leave some room for movement!
- Subtract that number from 1-2 cup sizes depending on what feels right – every inch equals one whole cup size higher than before, so do not forget about this step when shopping around or purchasing larger brands like Freya who use UK sizing.
Is DD Cup the Same as E Cup?
No, DD cup is not the same as an E cup. A DD cup bra is an inch smaller than an E cup bra; it can be 0.2 lighter than E cup breasts. Moreover, an E cup size can sometimes be referred to as DDD size in the US sizing chart.
What Is the Normal Breast Size of a Woman?
The average breast size ranges from 36C to 34DD; however, the standard size of breasts can depend on your genes and health. Teenagers usually wear 32A to 36C, while full-figured women normally wear DD to F bra cups.
How Much Do DDD Breasts Weigh?
DDD cups usually weigh around 5-6 pounds, which is roughly 2.5-3 pounds for each breast. This is about 20-30% heavier than DD breasts and 50% heavier than D breasts.
DD cups usually weigh up to 4.2 pounds, 2.1 pounds for each breast; however, it takes an extra initiative to weigh them separately. You can use the water displacement method to measure accurately. If concerned about the size and weight of your breasts, ask for advice from your doctor.