As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you find yourself in need of a new yet fashionable sports bra? This VS sport bra review will help you decide whether Victoria’s Secret bras are a good fit for you or not.
- VS Sport Bra Review
- Who Should Wear VS Activewear Bras?
- Who Should Not Wear VS Sports Bras?
- Related Questions
VS Sport Bra Review
Victoria's Secret sports bras combine functionality with aesthetic designs to encapsulate the breast without limiting your movements. Lightweight fabric, adjustable straps, and a structured band work together to shape and hold the bust. Whether you have small or large breasts, wearing this style lets you move freely without feeling extra bounce in the chest.
Since its inception in 1977, the brand has continued to be among the world’s largest lingerie, clothing, and beauty retailers. Shopping for a new bra can be exhausting, yet it can also be exciting when you see these glamorous styles made for working up a sweat.
VS Sports Bra Pros and Cons
While the brand offers several bra choices, keep in mind that bodies and boobs are unique in their own way. So, some features may be helpful for you, while others may not meet your expectations. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of using this bra.
- The stretchable material ensures durability without restraining movement.
- Moisture-wicking fabric to keep the breasts cool and dry.
- The adjustable band and strap design provide bust support.
- Structured cups and center gore encapsulate the breasts to minimize bounce.
- Pull-on designs can be hard to wear, especially when you have a sweaty body.
- Cup sizes are limited to A to DDD.
- Victoria’s Secret Knockout Front Close Sports Bra is a high impact sports bra made with soft,...
- This underwire sports bra has lightly lined thin foam cups offering comfort and support unlike other...
- Comes in racerback bra style with adjustable straps and a semi auto-lock front zipper for a...
VS Sports Bra Features and Benefits
When choosing a bra, you know that some elements may flatter the body or not. This review aims to give you a well-informed decision. Read on for these features and benefits to ensure a VS bra would work for you.
The comfort comes from several factors, including the material and features. Overall, this remains snug and secure yet comfortable in real life situations.
- Most VS bras and leggings use a combination of polyester and spandex fabrics to ensure breathability. These materials also recover quickly without straining the bust as you do strenuous movements.
- The fabric also feels cool on the skin, making it perfect for doing yoga or even high-impact workouts.
- Some designs use bonded edges to minimize digging on the skin and sides.
- The cup design and underwires pull up the breasts against gravity to prevent them from bouncing around or sagging.
If you have large, saggy boobs, you need an underwire or an elastic band. Based on my trial review, the wire will help contour the natural shape of your breasts, lifting and bringing them closer to the front. In effect, only the bra catches the weight of the breast, and there are no side spills as you move.
Besides, some styles incorporate a double-layer front closure for extra support. You won’t risk the bra opening in front of you even as you run on a treadmill or jump in Zumba classes.
Fit and Size
This style doesn’t use compressive fabric to keep the boobs pushed down. Despite that, my review analysis shows that the cup design ensures the bra fits the chest to minimize bust movement.
- Some use an unlined cup or push-up padding. They are designed to soften the bounce to keep the breasts separated, which is perfect if you tend to form a uni-boob.
- There are removable foam cups that let you enhance your cleavage while providing a flattering silhouette.
- Band selection ranges from small to large, mainly in A to DDD cups. If you have these sizes, the bra will fit your chest like a glove.
- VS offers varying band broadness. For example, some women mostly use a sports bra for low-impact activities like yoga. It would work for you as the broad underband keeps the whole bra in the proper position as you do a hand-to-toe pose or downward-facing dog position.
- Most VS workout bras use a ribbed texture in the band for a stronger hold. However, this also makes the elastic band significantly thicker.
- With the help of the center gore, the bra remains a tight fit close to the skin, so the breast tissues don’t slip out.
Unlike other styles that have a front zipper, some have a pull-on design, so you may find it challenging to wear them at first if you choose a bra with a cross-back design.
If you have a petite body, you may struggle with straps slipping off. Sometimes, tightening the straps also means tightening the grip on the neckline.
With stretchable straps, racerback designs can keep the straps in place while keeping your narrow shoulders comfortable. What’s more, the strap adjustability ensures a snug fit even when experiencing weight fluctuations.
Durability and Quality
The bra’s quality depends on its construction. It has solid stitching while keeping the features elastic. The same goes for complimentary Victoria’s Secret sport products.
Unlike others that only use a two-way stretch fabric, VS utilizes a four-way stretch fabric. This type of fabric stretches crosswise and lengthwise, improving the bra’s elasticity to retain form. This guarantees durability while you have the freedom to do a range of motion for yoga or other exercises.
Like its lingerie line, the brassieres have generous print designs. You can even buy matching leggings or bike shorts to complete your workout outfit. You can find it in plain and tie-dye colors.
Features of Victoria’s Secret Sports Bras
|Polyester and spandex fabrics||Ensure comfort and shaping from the cups|
|Wide or underwired band||Provide breast lift and contour|
|Stretchable straps||Alleviate tension on the shoulders|
Who Should Wear VS Activewear Bras?
Ladies who feel other brassieres tend to flatten the bust, don’t provide ample support, or feel too tight on the chest, should consider wearing VS athleisure bras.
These balance comfort and functionality without feeling too restrictive. It also has more feminine designs that you can wear as part of your everyday clothes.
Who Should Not Wear VS Sports Bras?
A VS sports bra may not be ideal if you have a plus-size body or your cup size is E or bigger. VS does classify from small to extra large, although the largest is typically DDD.
There are usually some limitations when getting into larger cup sizes. For example, when looking for the best strapless bras for DDD cups, Victoria’s Secret sport doesn’t have white in stock, which is a very common color option.
How Does the VS Sports Bra Size Chart Compare to Others?
VS activewear bras are typically smaller compared to other brands. However, you should still expect slight differences in the cup size when using sister sizes.
Do VS Athleisure Bras Fit Differently Than Regular Ones?
Athleisure bras fit slightly differently than regular ones because they tend to be more compressive. However, Victoria’s Secret designed the bra sizing to be consistent with normal bra sizes.
How Do I Find My Sports Bra Size?
To find your sports bra size in VS, subtract your ribcage measurement from the bust measurement to get the cup size. If you want to shop through a clearance rack, check the sizing chart to see the equivalent sizes.
VS offers a variety of activewear bras for low- to high-impact movements to balance women’s comfort and functionality. I hope this review can help you see that a VS sports bra is supportive enough for you to do a range of activities without feeling your boobs bounce around. Choose your size to guarantee a well-fitting bra.