As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bras are delicate pieces of clothing that cannot be chucked into the washing machine with the rest of the laundry. They need to be washed with care to ensure their longevity. This article tells you how to wash Victoria’s Secret bras properly to prolong their useful life.
- How to Wash Victoria’s Secret Bras
- Victoria’s Secret Tips for Bra Care
- Related Questions
How to Wash Victoria’s Secret Bras
Victoria’s Secret recommend hand washing their bras to make sure that the bras keep looking as good as new and fitting you perfectly for a long time.
Sports bras by Victoria’s Secret give you a little more leeway to machine wash because there isn’t much form to them. But all other bras should ideally be washed by hand.
Washing bras by hand can be tedious, but since quality bras are not cheap, you want them to last you for a while.
You can keep your bras in great condition for a long while. Here is how to hand wash your Victoria’s Secret bra:
- Fill a clean sink or a small bucket with cold water. Avoid using hot water as the heat can break down the elastics and affect the bra’s fitting.
- Pour a capful of mild detergent for lingerie into the water and mix it in with your hands. You do not need to add anything else, such as bleach or fabric softeners, as they can damage the bra’s fabric.
- Submerge your bras in this soapy water completely. Allow the bras to soak for around 5 to 10 minutes but you can leave them in for up to half an hour if they are visibly dirty. This step is responsible for major cleaning as it breaks down the oils and dirt.
- Then, gently massage the bras to loosen the oils and dirt while they are still submerged. Do not use excessive pressure, sponges, or scrub brushes.
- Take them out of the soapy water and rinse them thoroughly under running water to remove the soap and the remaining oil and dirt. Make sure to wash the bras properly, squeezing out the padded areas gently, to remove the residual detergents. Do not wring the bras as it can damage the shape.
- Hang the bras and allow them to air-dry indoors or in a shady area outdoors. Keep them away from sunlight as it can fade the colors.
Wash your bras after using them every three to six times by repeating the steps listed above.
How to Machine Wash Victoria’s Secret Bra
Machine washing can put a lot of stress on bras, especially if you wash them on a normal cycle. These cycles are designed to subject the garments to a lot of excessive agitation to remove the stains. Bras, in general, do not need extensive cleaning as they are rarely stained.
While washing Victoria’s Secret bras by hand is ideal, you can wash them in the washing machine on a very gentle cycle, with minimum spin. Since these bras are of incredibly good quality, this makes it possible to machine wash them, unlike other poor-quality bras.
- Before putting the bras in the washing machine, check for any visible soiling. Pretreat these stains by massaging them with a few drops of a mild detergent and a little water.
- Once the stains are broken down, close all the clasps and hooks of the bras. Closing the snaps ensures that the hooks do not snag on other bras. It also keeps the bras from twisting and tangling in the washing machine, which can cause stretching.
- Remove all the padding, foam, or gel inserts and hand wash them separately. These inserts can lose their shape in the washing machine.
- Next, place the bras in a lingerie bag. If you wash them with regular clothes, the bra straps can entangle and stretch out. In addition, avoid putting the lingerie bag inside the machine with heavy laundry, like jeans, sweaters, or towels.
- Add a mild detergent to the washing machine and run the washing machine at a delicate cycle or any other cycle that uses room temperature water and little to no spin.
- Air dry your bras by laying them flat on a rack or hanging them indoors or in a shaded area outside. You should never put your Victoria’s Secret bras in the dryer, as the excessive heat can destroy the elasticity and cause dimpling in the bra padding.
Steps in Handwashing a Victoria’s Secret Bra
|Step 1||Fill a clean sink or a small bucket with cold water|
|Step 2||Mix a capful of mild detergent|
|Step 3||Submerge your bras in the soapy water for at least 30 minutes|
|Step 4||Massage the bras to loosen the oils and dirt|
|Step 5||Rinse the bras thoroughly under running water|
|Step 6||Hang the bras and allow them to air-dry|
Steps in Cleaning a Victoria’s Secret Bra in a Washing Machine
|Step 1||Pretreat the stains by massaging them with a few drops of mild detergent|
|Step 2||Close all the clasps and hooks of the bras|
|Step 3||Remove all the padding, foam, or gel inserts and hand wash them separately|
|Step 4||Place the bras in a lingerie bag|
|Step 5||Add a mild detergent and run a delicate cycle|
|Step 6||Air dry your bras|
Can You Wash a Victoria’s Secret Bra With Bling?
Victoria’s Secret bras are available in a variety of attractive styles featuring elaborate designs, using lace, sequins, rhinestones, and beads. While these bras look very pretty, they need extra care while washing and storing. Therefore, if you own a Victoria’s Secret bra with bling, wash it by hand following the steps mentioned above.
In short, submerge them in cold water, use a mild detergent, and allow them to soak, before gently rubbing them to remove the stains. Be extra gentle when massaging a bra with bling, so the embellishments do not break or become loose.
Victoria’s Secret Tips for Bra Care
Every bra comes with care instructions, which help you determine the best way to clean and store the bras. Following these instructions ensures that your bra retains its quality and fitting for a long time. Here are some tips to take care of your Victoria’s Secret bra:
- Always read the care instructions, as soon as you buy the bra
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach when washing your bras, as the chemicals can deteriorate your bra’s fabric
- Avoid wearing the same bra two days in a row. Wear it one day and let it rest for at least a day in between to maintain the elasticity. Continuous wear can cause the elastic to lose its strength
- Store the bras properly, by closing the clasps before placing them in your lingerie drawer
How Often Should You Wash a Victoria’s Secret Bra?
You can wash Victoria’s Secret Bras after three to four times of wearing them. However, you may still wash them directly after wearing them if you’re really sweaty or there are tough stains.
What Kind of Soap Do You Use to Wash Victoria’s Secret Bras?
You can use mild laundry liquid detergent to hand wash or machine-wash your Victoria’s Secret bras. However, regular powder detergent also works fine.
Is It Better to Wash Victoria’s Secret Bras in Hot or Cold Water?
It’s best to wash Victoria’s Secret Bras in cool water. Hot water can cause bright colors to fade and affect a bra’s shape.
Victoria’s Secret bras are known for their amazing quality and durability, as long as you follow the care instructions. Prioritize washing them by hand and use a washing machine only if extremely necessary. Finally, remember that heat, bleach, or physical agitation can ruin your bras and cause them to lose their shape and fit.