As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Racerback bras have grown in popularity over the years primarily because of the comfort they offer, how they give the body support, and breasts an excellent lift. All women should have at least one in their drawer. Our ThirdLove Racerback review will help you understand why.
- ThirdLove Racerback Review
- Types of Thirdlove Racerbacks
- What Makes ThirdLove Racerbacks Stand Out?
- Who Should Get ThirdLove Racerbacks?
- Who Should Not Get ThirdLove Racerbacks?
- Benefits of ThirdLove Racerbacks
ThirdLove Racerback Review
ThirdLove was established in 2013 by Heidi Zak and her husband, David Spector. Heidi, who previously worked in Google, got the inspiration to create a new bra alternative after realizing that none of the bras on the market was good enough in terms of comfort, style, and support.
ThirdLove’s racerback bra has a fixed point at the rear where the shoulder straps join. Most sports bras have a similar feature. However, Racerback bras may also have additional features, such as a J-clip or detachable straps are worn across at the back to increase adjustability and comfort.
The Invention of Racerback Bras
A version on the streets alludes to the fact that the racerback bra has been around since 1970. It was first invented as a jogging bra. The design, which was created as two jockstraps criss-crossing each other, has since evolved to include other models such as sports racerback bras.
Pros of ThirdLove Racerback
- Comfort: ThirdLove Racerbacks feature an adjustable back strap for a better, comfortable fit. The front-closure clasp also makes dressing easier and more comfortable.
- Protection: A racerback bra is designed to protect the breasts during intense activities by covering them and restricting a lot of movements for safety.
- Variety in Color and Styles: ThirdLove racerbacks come in a wide range of colors and styles to please everyone’s taste.
Cons of ThirdLove Racerback
- Expensive: Typically, a Racerback goes for around $25- $30 per pair, however, ThirdLove Racerbacks can go for $45- $60.
- Heavy Fabric: The bra is not as breathable due to its cotton fabric, which can make you feel uncomfortable and too sweaty.
Types of Thirdlove Racerbacks
ThirdLove racerback bras come in various colors such as black, nude, brown, white, red, orange, pink, yellow, purple, gray, blue, teal, and green. The sizes available are XS, SM, MD, LG, XL, 1X, 2X, 3X. The band size ranges from 28 to 48 and their cup size includes AA, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and I.
The most common types of ThirdLove Racerback include:
- Flex Seamless Racerback Sports Bra: Equipped with soft removable cups, Flex Seamless Racerback Sports Bra provides the comfort needed during long workouts. They are a perfect fit for yoga or running on the treadmill.
- Muse T-back Sports Bra: With their colorful spark, Muse T-back Sports Bra provides the style to make you feel revived to your energetic self. They provide enough support for your everyday activities such as dog walking and are cozy enough for a post-workout nap.
- Form Seamless Plus Size Wireless Bra: The wireless design of the Form Seamless Plus Size Wireless Bra gives you complete freedom. They also come with removable foam cups which provide extra support to make you feel in total control.
ThirdLove is also a good choice if you’re looking for the best racerback bra for large breasts.
What Makes ThirdLove Racerbacks Stand Out?
Generally, ThirdLove Racerbacks stand out for being some of the best sellers from Thirdlove. The comfort and perfect fit each bra gives is something a lot of other brands have not perfected. ThirdLove Racerbacks are also quite aesthetically pleasing and some can be worn without a top or a T-shirt.
They say that over 70% of women in the United States are not aware of their bra size. While this may be true, ThirdLove has dedicated a significant amount of its time to designing bras that actually do fit and to make its sizing information easier for their clients
Who Should Get ThirdLove Racerbacks?
If you’re a woman who likes to wear shoulder-baring tops and strappy little tanks, then you should consider getting ThirdLove Racerbacks. These bras can also be a solution for you if you, like many women, struggle with bra straps constantly falling down. You’ll get to enjoy an adjustable back that ensures you’re comfortable.
Working out does not have to be painful. By covering the breasts and restricting movement, a racerback protects breasts during any intense activity. Additionally, ThirdLove Racerbacks bras ensure that you maintain a correct posture, whether you’re seated or standing.
This combination of features plays a big role in a woman’s overall health. ThirdLove Racerbacks are an example of bras that successfully combine function, comfort, and style.
Who Should Not Get ThirdLove Racerbacks?
If you’re someone who doesn’t like underwire in your bra, ThirdLove Racerbacks might not be the best answer for you. Many women have found the underwire in ThirdLove Racerbacks to be constricting.
Finally, if you’re under a budget or trying to get the most value out of your money, then these racerbacks might not be your first choice. They can go for 3 or 4 times what other bras cost. Granted, while the materials and details are nice, you can find similar quality models that aren’t as expensive as ThirdLove Racerbacks.
Benefits of ThirdLove Racerbacks
The seamless design of ThirdLove Racerback bras prevents any visible stitching under a T-shirt or sweater. They provide full coverage while still giving you that sexy boost-up top. Other benefits of ThirdLove racerbacks bras include:
When we talk about full coverage bras, we usually think about minimizing and covering up. ThirdLove Racerbacks bras, however, provide full coverage without the usual flattening effect. They accentuate your breasts perfectly instead of hiding them!
The bra is comfortable, and with foam, it provides significant support without making the chest feel trapped. It also keeps the breasts from bouncing around. This support helps to reduce breast sagging, which many women encounter, especially after substantial weight loss.
The seamless back is well constructed. This is because you can’t even tell where the bra begins or ends. The adjustable straps are also relatively thin and gentle to the skin as they don’t leave any marks after removing your bra.
ThirdLove racerbacks come in half-sizes, which is unique and helpful to those who fall somewhere in the middle and find it difficult to find a great match in the standard bra sizes. ThirdLove has been very intentional about providing the perfect sized bra.
Metal Front Closure Part
Metal lasts longer than plastic. It is strong, durable, safe, and secure, giving you the freedom you seek in a bra. Also, ThirdLove’s shiny metal part gives you a classy yet sophisticated look in your racerback bra.
ThirdLove Racerbacks bras are comfortable to wear all day and come in handy when you are going to the gym, doing some yoga, or you’re just chilling at home. You should definitely try out a ThirdLove Racerback bra and the comfort and freedom that you will experience will give you complete control of yourself.