As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
An apple shape is a body type typically more prominent on the top and smaller on the bottom. Read through our reviews of the best jeans for apple shape to help you choose the perfect pair for your figure.
Our #1 pick is the Lee Women’s Sculpting Fit Pull-on Jeans. These pull-on jeans feature an elastic band (flattering on the tummy). They are not a huge stretch if you don’t normally wear high rise jeans. And while they are straight legged (not boot cut), they won us over when we wore them.
- Top Reviews of the Best Jeans for Apple Shape
- Best Jeans for Apple Shapes Overall: Wrangler Retro High-Rise Trumpet Flared Jeans
- Best Straight Leg Jeans for an Apple Body Shape: Lee Women’s Sculpting Fit Slim Leg Pull-on Jeans
- Best Boyfriend Jeans for Apple Shape: Signature by Levi’s Strauss and co. Women’s Slim Boyfriend Jeans
- Best Boot-Cut Pants for Apple Bodies: NYDJ Women’s Barbara Jeans
- Worst Jeans for an Apple Body Shape
- Features to Consider for the Best Jeans for an Apple Body Shape
- Related Questions
Top Reviews of the Best Jeans for Apple Shape
Because an apple shape holds most of its weight in its stomach, it’s best to look for the best jeans that will hide or conceal this area. The Wrangler Retro High-Rise Trumpet Flared Jeans won us with its mid-rise fit, sculpting fabric, and contouring back pockets.
We also have more options to help you find jeans that dramatically elevate your apple body shape.
Best Jeans for Apple Shapes Overall: Wrangler Retro High-Rise Trumpet Flared Jeans
The Wrangler Retro High-Rise Trumpet Flared Jeans are the absolute best jeans for an apple body shape because the cut balances out the bottom half. The wide leg instantly makes the legs look much longer, removing attention away from your big stomach.
Being high-waisted pants, the band sits higher on the torso compared to the other jeans. In effect, the pants reduce the appearance of bulging fats.
The others mainly consist of polyester. While this synthetic material repels water, it is less breathable and sustainable than Wrangler’s cotton fabric. With a slightly loose fit and cotton material, you can make sure your body doesn’t get sweaty that much.
The versatile fit suits most body types, including those with an inverted triangle or hourglass shape. However, the floppy bottom can be pretty big for some ladies, depending on how you style them.
- The wide-leg hemline stretches the body visually to balance the roundness of the midsection
- It gives a dramatic flair with a high-waist silhouette
- It mainly uses natural fibers for a more relaxed fit
- It can be pretty challenging to find the right inseam size
- It may be too wide on the bottoms for those shorter than 5 five feet
- TRUMPET FLARE. Bell bottoms are making a comeback. Combining classic retro details with the dramatic...
- CLASSIC RETRO STYLE. You can't beat the original, unless you are the original. With the new Wrangler...
- GREEN MATERIALS. Every piece of clothing we make starts with respect for the planet we love. From...
Best Straight Leg Jeans for an Apple Body Shape: Lee Women’s Sculpting Fit Slim Leg Pull-on Jeans
The Lee Women's Sculpting Fit Slim Leg Pull-on Jeans are another great pick for an apple-shaped body, especially if you have extra weight on the belly. Even if you don’t have excess fat, these pants can sculpt your figure by making your waist appear smaller.
The pull-on waistband is thick enough for this body shape since they tuck in lower abdominal weight and love handles. The waistband also conceals back fat, enhancing the look of your butt.
The NYDJs seek to slim your entire figure without necessarily wearing skinny jean. Whereas, Lee sculpts and slims your waist by adding curves and enhancing your lower half.
The fabric is relatively thick and bulky for summer and fall. However, these jeans sit right under your belly button, giving your waist a flattering shape with enough tummy control.
These straight-leg jeans may not be as stretchy as that of Wrangler. Nonetheless, they still give you a comfortable fit with strong enough material to sculpt your figure.
- Pull-on waistband tucks in excess weight while enhancing hips and butt
- Whisker detail widens the look of your hips
- Smaller back pockets can make your backside look fuller, thus creating a slimmer look to your waist
- The straight leg may be too narrow for your preference
- The fabric tends to bunch around the knees
- Mid rise, slim fit with pull on elastic waistband
- Functional watch and back pockets, front scoop pockets and fly are faux
- Featuring fabric that stretches, sculpts and holds
Best Boyfriend Jeans for Apple Shape: Signature by Levi’s Strauss and co. Women’s Slim Boyfriend Jeans
The Slim Boyfriend Jeans by Levi Strauss and co are the perfect pair of relaxed-fit denim pants. These apple body shape jeans can fit tightly and still have a relaxed look due to the loose-fitting legs.
This style looks good on any shape, especially if you pair it with a loose-fitting shirt and low-heeled ankle boots. The inseam is 26 inches while folded and 28 inches unfolded. They are fairly short pants that you can convert into an ankle length to show off some slim legs.
Unlike Lee Women’s and Wrangler, these jeans do not have a slimming waistband. Instead, the 3% elastane gives these jeans quite a lot of stretch. These jeans hug your stomach comfortably while tucking it in to hide a muffin top.
It has a slim-cut fit like NYDJ. The difference is that they are folded up at the bottom, which is common in most boyfriend jeans. You can fold these down for a short, straight-leg look.
- Boyfriend-style jeans that allow both a tight and relaxed fit
- Cropped folded design which you can unfold for a different style
- Mid-rise waistband tucks in extra weight along your belly
- The fabric is relatively thin for winter months
- You may need to alter the hem if you’re below five feet
Best Boot-Cut Pants for Apple Bodies: NYDJ Women’s Barbara Jeans
The NYDJ Barbara Bootcut Jeans are among the best jeans for apple shape because of their shaping properties. These high-rise jeans feature the NYDJ signature lift and tuck technology. This compromises two criss-cross patterns on the inside front of the pants to tuck in excess weight in the stomach.
These mid-waist jeans accentuate your best features while concealing areas you might feel insecure about. This technology also lifts and shapes your butt, making it appear rounder and fuller.
Similar to Levi’s, NYDJ incorporates strategically-placed back pockets to help enhance the size of your butt.
Compared to the other jeans, this one uses elastomultiester, a cross-linked polyester with fibers that have good elastic properties. In effect, you get a stretchy, comfortable fit yet strong enough to shape and tuck your big stomach. Lyocell fibers also make the pants breathable and lightweight.
NYDJ makes their jeans larger. Because of this, we recommend getting one size smaller when purchasing any of their jeans.
- The stretchy denim shapes the body without making you feel constricted
- Embroidered back pockets enhance and draw attention to your backside
- The slightly wide-leg hem lengthens and slims the legs
- Sizes run a little big
- They may look more like slacks than jeans
- There’s nothing better than a perfectly fitting pair of classic, blue jeans. Enter NYDJ’s...
- Five pocket styling, zip fly, button closure
- Select one size smaller for the perfect fit
Worst Jeans for an Apple Body Shape
Slim fit, boyfriend, and bootcut jeans are among the best styles for an apple body shape. This implies there are styles you should also avoid.
Skinny jeans can make the top half look bigger. Some skinny jeans fit correctly in the waist yet appear large in the thighs and legs.
Thin, stretchy pants tend to cling to the body’s rounder parts. They may only highlight what you’re trying to conceal or shape.
These pants sit low on the hips, creating a muffin top. This style may emphasize excess fat in the bottom half, and you may constantly pull the pants up.
Features to Consider for the Best Jeans for an Apple Body Shape
Your size will significantly determine which features to look for when searching for the best jeans. Whichever style you’re going after, it’s always better to know which features will make you look the best.
Comparing The Best Jeans for Apple Shape Features
|NYDJ Barbara||Boot cut||Zip fly with button|
|Lee Sculpting Fit||Slim cut||Faux fly|
|Signature by Levi’s||Slim fit||Zipper with button|
Mid-rise pants that sit right below your belly button can tuck in love handles, hiding love handles and belly fat.
Some styles, like high rise, can give you a curvier look by pushing your weight down into your hips.
High-rise jeans can look good depending on the brand and style, although most high-rise jeans can accentuate your stomach and make it look larger than it is.
Bootcut jeans are the best to choose for an apple body shape. These can balance your legs with the top of your body, like for an inverted triangle body.
Skinny jeans can make you look bigger by adding a narrow look to your lower half. Meanwhile, flared jeans can balance out your lower half by making it look bigger.
Similar to flared jeans, straight leg and wide-leg styles can look good depending on the size of your legs.
The perfect pair must have waistbands that can tuck in and conceal extra weight on your stomach to make you look less large on top. Some options can add curves, while others match your waist size to your hips.
Look for pants that mention tucking characteristics on the waist. Even if skinny jeans don’t have a unique waistband, a stretchy firm pair of jeans can give you this slimming effect.
A denim fabric with any type of elastane, such as Lycra or Spandex, can give you a comfortable fit at the waist. This is important for apple-shaped figures with extra weight in their midsection.
Stretch fabric can give you a comfortable fit that’s firm enough to sculpt and shape your body. Look for skinny jeans with extra elastic fibers to do this.
Dark Wash Style
Darker colors can create a slimmer appearance on your legs and waist. Dark-colored pants are suitable for women who want to look slimmer throughout their entire apple-shaped bodies.
Most apple-shaped women want to hide their waist, and dark washes will do that. Just keep in mind this will also make your legs look slimmer.
What Is an Apple Body Shape?
Apple shape figures are heavier on the top, especially in the shoulders, bust, and waist. Additionally, they carry most of the extra weight in the midsection, highlighting the hips, buttocks, thighs, and legs. Some ladies can have broad shoulders, narrow hips, and slim legs.
Are Wide-Leg Jeans Good for Apple Body Shapes?
Wide-leg jeans are good for apple-shaped bodies because they balance your top half. The fit won’t also emphasize your small buttocks or narrow hips.
How Can I Style Jeans for My Apple Body Shape?
Apple body shapes can help define the waist while slimming the midriff. To further define your waistline and midsection, pair your pants with peplum tops, long vests, or an open-front jacket.
When finding jeans, make sure that the jeans you choose for your apple silhouette make you feel comfortable. Try not to focus so much on the look. As long as you feel comfortable in your jeans, you should feel good in them.