As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There are a variety of underwear styles available for different body types, including pear shaped bodies. A person who has a pear-shaped body will have a bigger butt, with larger hips and thighs in comparison to their waist. In our article below we discuss the top four best underwear for pear shaped bodies.
- Our Top Pear Shaped Bodies Underwear Reviews
- Features to Consider in Underwear for Pear Shaped Bodies
- Related Questions
Our Top Pear Shaped Bodies Underwear Reviews
With so many styles and brands of underwear available to choose from, finding the best underwear for your body can be difficult. Our reviews below can help you find your perfect panty.
Along with our recommendations below, the Modern Mesh High Brief from Third Love is one we want to give an honorable mention to. It features silky smooth geometric mesh and striped detailing. This sheer high-brief style hits you in all the right places, and the simple styling focuses on incredible fit and sensual fabrics.
Asimoon Women’s Full Coverage Cotton Underwear
The Asimoon Women's Full Coverage Cotton Underwear has high-waisted coverage with wider leg openings and flat seams that help sculpt your body. With soft fabric, a double-layered waistband and flat seams, these underwear are flexible enough to move with your body and yet snug enough to contour your curves. The wide cut leg openings on these panties help you to avoid friction and chafing as you walk or exercise.
The Asimoon Women’s Full Coverage Cotton Underwear is made of 95% natural cotton and 5% spandex. Cotton is a great breathable fabric that helps to improve airflow, and prevent sweat buildup and the addition of spandex gives the fabric some elasticity.
This underwear is the only one on our list that offers a double-layer waistband. This double-layer waistband solves the issue that most high-waisted panties have with the top rolling down. The waistband on the Asimoon Women’s Full Coverage Cotton Underwear also serves as tummy control, preventing muffin top while ensuring the panty won’t bunch around your hips. Fair warning, the waistband may show if you wear low-cut jeans since these panties are high-waisted.
- The fine seams on this underwear keep panty lines from showing up under curve-hugging clothes.
- The elastic waistband prevents the panty from rolling up or down even when you sit or bend.
- The underwear may lose its original shape when exposed to excessive temperatures.
- The high cotton content makes this panty heavier than the others.
- 【A few customers feedback that the size runs a bit big, they suggest to select one size...
- DOUBLE-LAYER CROTCH COTTON PANTIES: These comfy womens underwear are made of 95% natural cotton and...
- WOMENS UNDERWEAR SIZE: Small(waist:26”-27”, hip:36”-37.5”); Medium(waist:29”-30”,...
Fruit of the Loom Women’s Tag-Free Cotton Panties
Fruit of the Loom Women's Cotton Panties has a thin elastic waistband that hugs your waistline and keeps the top of the underwear from rolling down while you move.
Unlike the Asimoon Women’s Full Coverage Cotton Underwear, the Fruit of the Loom Women’s Tag-Free Cotton Panties are 100% cotton, which means you will want to use cool water and gentle laundry detergent when washing them and will need to air dry them to prevent the fabric from shrinking.
The Fruit of the Loom Women’s Tag-Free Cotton Panties comes in multiple styles; hipsters, briefs, bikinis, hi-cut bikinis, and boyshorts. Out of the styles available, the hipsters, hi-cut bikinis and boyshorts seem to work best for pear-shaped bodies. Both hipsters and boyshorts offer more fabric to cover your assets, with wider leg openings. The hi-cut bikini style also offers a good amount of coverage with wider leg openings, without any excess fabric on the sides of your thighs. Less fabric means more freedom of movement.
Unlike the Areke Women’s Seamless Hipster Brief Underwear which we discuss later, the Fruit of the Loom Women’s Tag-Free Cotton Panties are unfortunately not seamless, though the seams on this underwear are flat and do not irritate your skin.
- The 100% cotton fabric of this underwear is more accommodating to body changes.
- These underwear have wide leg holes, which allow more room for bigger thighs.
- The underwear is not seamless.
- The waistband on this underwear is not cotton covered.
- The 100% cotton fabric may shrink if washed in hot water.
- This is an assorted color pack; This pack may contain all solids, all prints or a combination
- This is an assorted color pack. This pack may contain all solids, all prints or a conbination.
- Soft, ravel free waistband
Hanes Women’s Cotton Brief Panties
The Hanes Women's Cotton Brief Panties are made of a breathable 100% cotton fabric, with ample coverage, and an elastic waistband. The underwear is available in multiple styles: Hi-Cut, High-Waist, Low-Rise and Brief. The option that seems to work best for pear-shaped bodies is the Hi-Cut. which offers full coverage on your backside, with a flattering high cut leg opening. The high cut allows your thighs more room to move without being restricted.
Like the first two panties on our list, the Hanes Cotton Panties have moisture-wicking and odor-preventing abilities due to the natural cotton fibers. The cotton fabric frees your skin from irritation and sweating, helping you to feel light and fresh all day.
- The waistband on these underwear fits snugly on your body and is tight enough to stay up, but not too tight.
- The breathable cotton fabric of these underwear combats heat and moisture.
- These underwear are not seamless and the seams may be visible under tight-fitting clothing.
- The sizing on this underwear runs small, so you may need to size up.
- A BETTER BRIEF - Ultra-comfortable jersey briefs are one of the best basics you can find, with a...
- SOFT & BREEZY COTTON - The comfort of pure ring-spun cotton feels great against your skin.
- COOL AND DRY, ALL DAY - Lightweight Cool Comfort fabric wicks away moisture for endless comfort.
Areke Women’s Seamless Hipster Brief Underwear
The Areke Women's Seamless Hipster Brief Underwear is made of a 92% nylon and 8% spandex blend, making this underwear flexible yet soft. The wide elastic waistband moves with your body and won’t roll down.
The Areke Women’s Seamless Hipster Brief Underwear is the only seamless panty on our list. These panties are smooth and seamless, so no panty lines will show under form-fitting clothing. This hipster brief has a low-rise design and the panties’ edges hug the body without digging into it.
Unfortunately, the gusset, which sits in the crotch of the panty, doesn’t have any lining.
- The high nylon fabric blend makes the underwear have a firm yet flexible structure.
- The low-rise bikini design of the underwear helps everything stay in place, preventing the underwear from riding up.
- The underwear lacks crotch gusset lining.
- These underwear can become mid-rise when you have a shorter torso.
- Seamless knitting women underwear,more feeling soft and comfortable.
- Super soft & stretchy fabric,our hipster panty has a elastic waistband that will move with you all...
- Hip measurements: Small(4-6) =35-37.5" ; Medium(8-10) = 38-40.5"; Large(12-14) = 41-43" ;...
Barbra’s Women’s High-Waist Light Tummy-Control Girdle Panties
The Barbra's Women's High-Waist Light Tummy-Control Girdle Panties are made of a 90% Polyester, 10% Elastane blend, and are super stretchy and silky. These underwear are full coverage and add light tummy control with their high-waist. They are perfect to help control your muffin top, while also smoothing out your silhouette.
Similar to the Asimoon Women’s Full Coverage Cotton Underwear, this panty’s high-waist fit flatters the lower part of your body. For a looser, more comfortable fit; order these underwear in a size up. For a more controlled fit, purchase them in your normal size.
- These underwear have a high-waisted girdle for slight compression and tummy control.
- These underwear have wide leg holes to accommodate bigger thighs.
- The elastic in the leg holes is a little too strong, and can squeeze your legs if worn too long.
- Threads on the sewn-on waistband may come apart if the underwear are washed incorrectly.
- These underwear must be washed in cool water and line dried.
We’d also like to mention the Modern Mesh High Brief from Third Love. These underwear feature silky smooth geometric mesh and striped detailing. This sheer high-brief style hits you in all the right places and their simple styling focuses on incredible fit and sensual fabrics.
- Be Feminine: Silky, stretchy fabric adds a feminine, yet comfortable touch. This retro cut panty is...
- Super Comfortable: Added comfort with light tummy control under high-waisted bottoms. This...
- Slimmer Look: High-waisted panty with a sewn-on elastic band at waist for custom fit and comfort....
Features to Consider in Underwear for Pear Shaped Bodies
Underwear for pear-shaped women are not “one size fits all”. You have to find the brand, style and size that works best for your body.
Below we will review the features that you should look for in underwear when choosing your perfect fit. We have included a table below for a quick reference guide.
Comparing the Features of Underwear for Pear Shape Bodies
|Asimoon Full Coverage||Full||Wide||High-rise ladies underwear|
|Fruit of the Loom Women’s Tag-Free||Full||Wide||High-rise cotton briefs|
|Hanes Women’s||Full||Wide||High-rise cotton briefs|
|Areke Women’s||Full||Wide||Low-rise seamless hipster briefs|
|Barbra’s Tummy-Control||Full||Wide||High-rise girdle panties|
It is crucial to consider the material used in your underwear before you purchase a pair. The fabric your underwear is made of will determine how comfortable you are, and how long the underwear last. Cotton is both comfortable and breathable. Cotton spandex blends are soft to the touch and durable, with more flexibility than cotton alone.
Polyester is an excellent moisture wicking material that can be used to draw sweat away from the body and allow it to evaporate much more quickly, plus it is also lightweight and breathable. Nylon is lightweight, strong, stretchy, and durable. Elastane is lightweight and comfortable to wear, resistant to perspiration, has great elasticity, and is durable and strong.
Having a pear-shaped body means you have thicker legs. Underwear that will be the most comfortable for you will have wider leg openings. Having bigger leg openings will save you from any irritation or pinching from the holes being too tight. Make sure to measure your hips and waist to come up with the correct size.
Another factor you should consider when choosing underwear for your pear shaped body is the coverage the underwear can give you. The most comfortable styles of underwear for your body type have a high level of coverage.
High-rise or high-waisted briefs such as the Asimoon and Barbra’s panties that we reviewed offer full coverage for a pear-shaped body. High-waisted briefs also support the stomach area while slimming and smoothing your shape.
Underwear comes in many styles and designs. Each body is unique and has its own needs, which should be considered before you choose your next pair of panties. Look at all the styles available to you, and figure out what works best for your body.
Hi-Cut underwear, hipsters, and boyshorts offer full coverage, wider leg openings, and comfort. High-Waisted panties offer tummy control and full coverage.
The best panty for your pear-shaped body will have a firm but elastic waistband. A firm elastic waistband will stay put all day long without hurting your waist. A wider, fabric covered firm elastic waistband is even better, keeping you from having any irritation from the elastic, and not rolling down when you move.
What Clothes Should Pear-Shaped Bodies Not Wear?
Ladies with pear-shaped bodies should avoid wearing skinny-fit or high-waisted jeans, mini skirts, or bodycon dresses that can make the hips appear even wider. Opt for clothes that balance your large hips so they won’t be wider than the bust and shoulders.
How Can I Flatter My Pear Shape Body?
Wear bright colors on the upper body and darker colors on the bottom half to flatter pear-shaped bodies. You can also choose tops with ruffles, statement sleeves, or embellishments, which can make your upper body appear closer to the size of your lower body.
What’s the Right Kind of Bra for a Pear-Shaped Body?
For a pear-shaped body, we recommend push-up bras, balconettes or demi-cup bras, or padded bras because this body type has narrow shoulders and breasts, as well as wide hips and butt. These bra styles provide a great lift and coverage that will create an illusion of a bigger bust, making it look balanced with your lower body.
When choosing underwear for your pear-shaped figure, choose comfort and coverage. High-waisted and hipster briefs can offer good support and full coverage for your body. Make sure the underwear you choose has a firm elastic waistband and wide leg openings to avoid irritation and itchiness.