As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A bodycon dress is a form-fitting garment that accentuates a woman’s curves. However, wearing a fitted dress can make it challenging to avoid creases and noticeable panty lines. For this reason, we’re giving the best underwear under a bodycon dress to avoid the painstaking task of keeping underwear concealed.
- Our Top Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress Recommendations
- Best Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress: Chantelle Women’s Soft Stretch Seamless Brief
- Best Waist-Cinching Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress: SPANX Women’s Oncore High-Waisted Mid-Thigh Shorts
- Best Low-Rise Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress: Commando Low-Rise Thong Undies
- Best Compressive Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress: Commando Women’s Classic Control Shorts
- Features to Consider for an Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress Recommendations
After several tries and research, we found the Chantelle Women’s Soft Stretch Seamless Brief as the top-rated underwear for bodycon dresses. It boasts a high-rise cut for a secure feel, seamless material for invisibility, and soft-stretch material for ultimate comfort.
We know you feel tired of hiding pesky creases under your sexy clothing. We’re also providing extra options to help you eliminate panty lines to show off your curves.
Best Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress: Chantelle Women’s Soft Stretch Seamless Brief
Have you ever found a bodycon dress that perfectly fits you, only to turn around and notice that the fabric is showing off your bulging panty lines? The seamless shape and figure-flattering fit of the Chantelle Women's Soft Stretch Seamless Brief will spare you from this wardrobe misery.
Its higher polyamide composition than the others gives the buttocks a little extra volume without adding any padding. This is perfect for women who have hollow hips and inverted triangle-shaped buttocks.
While it has a high-rise fit like the SPANX and Commando shorts, the Chantelle Brief has a broader leg hole that doesn’t end at the thighs. The brief style provides enough coverage to keep your belly area warm while wearing a bodycon dress with extremely thin fabric.
The downside is that the gusset is only glued to the inseam, so you must ensure you only wash the panty in a delicate washing cycle. However, this feature allows the underwear to become completely seamless.
- High-resistant fabric retains shape and adapts to different body types
- Seamless construction to remain hidden under figure-hugging clothes
- May look a bit like granny panties
- Only has a light bottom belly shaping
- Smooth and Seamless Underwear: This seamless underwear for women is classic, smooth, and breathable...
- Modern High-Rise Briefs for Women: Designed to fit sizes XS-XL, our high-waist underwear offers...
- All-Day Comfort: Our high-waisted underwear for women is lightweight, breathable, and...
Best Waist-Cinching Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress: SPANX Women’s Oncore High-Waisted Mid-Thigh Shorts
If your primary concern is tucking in side fats, the SPANX Women's Oncore High-Waisted Mid-Thigh Shorts is a better option for you. Its sculpting construction and edge-boned side panels provide a squeeze-free slimming that won’t restrict your movements. You can wear a bodycon dress without feeling uncomfortable or showing lumps.
Unlike the other panties, the side boning doesn’t make the shorts completely seamless. However, this does ensure you can achieve a flat stomach under figure-flattering dresses. Additionally, there are booty-enhancing pockets to prevent a uni-butt look.
The SPANX Shorts stand out from other undergarments because of the double draw cord. Because of the double-gusset opening, you won’t have to pull your shorts down when nature calls. This way, getting into and out of shorts won’t be a concern for brides or ladies wearing business suits.
This underwire boasts a snag-free fabric that helps maintain its shape despite its thin material. The underwear will closely hug and sculpt your waist whether you select extra small or triple extra large.
- Tummy-control top compresses and slims the stomach area
- Seamless waistband and leg openings to conceal lines
- Waistband of these shapewear shorts may roll down
- Side panels and booty-enhancing pockets have some seams
- AVAILABLE IN REGULAR AND PLUS SIZES
- SCULPTING- Comfortable high-waisted sculpting power with less bulk
- FLAT TUMMY- Bonded tummy panel flat-out flattens
Best Low-Rise Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress: Commando Low-Rise Thong Undies
A low-rise thong is an excellent choice if briefs or shorts give you the wedgies. Like the Commando Low Rise Thong Underwear, it has a naked construction that lays flat against your body.
Unlike the other panties, this one has a thong style, so you can still cover your crotch without feeling too constricted. You won’t have to go commando to avoid panty lines while wearing a bodycon dress. However, you might feel uncomfortable if your big, rounded buttocks tend to eat up the fabric.
The Commando Thong is the only low-rise panty on this list and offers the least amount of coverage. You won’t have to worry about bulges and creases with raw-cut edges on the leg holes. The benefit is that it will be almost invisible under sheer-net bodycon dresses.
Furthermore, it features a patented and quick-drying microfiber fabric that keeps you feeling refreshed even if the thong has a snug fit. The honeycomb-construction fabric also provides fantastic recovery.
- Less fabric and no seams to bulge underneath thin bodycon dresses
- Can help you avoid chafing even when worn for a long time
- Smaller fit than others, which may disadvantage those in between sizes
- May not be ideal for ladies with pear or apple-shaped bodies
Best Compressive Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress: Commando Women’s Classic Control Shorts
If you want more coverage than the Commando Thong and Chantelle Brief, yet not as constricting as the SPANX Shorts, then the Commando Women's Classic Control Shorts can give you the right balance.
The shorts won’t easily roll over your thighs while sitting because they are mostly made of tightly woven nylon, making them resistant to pilling. Similar to SPANX, it also provides moderate compression, although the Commando Shorts are seamless because they don’t have side boning for shaping.
This bodycon underwear has the highest spandex content, making it the most stretchable among the panties on this list. As a result, it follows the curve of your body so you can create the illusion of smooth lines without the risk of going commando.
The disadvantage is that you can’t wear this under a bodycon dress with a thigh-high slit since the shorts would show through. Still, it compensates by having raw-cut edges without elastic lining, eliminating digs and bulges.
- Avoids tangling the fibers even after several washes due to a pilling-resistance fabric
- Seamless edges on the waist and thighs
- May need a bit of a squeeze to fit into the shorts because of the compression
- Less butt-enhancing capacity than the other panties
- Smoothing, breathable fabric, Seamless design with raw cut edges, Light to moderate compression
Features to Consider for an Underwear Under a Bodycon Dress
Can’t wait to wear the bombshell bodycon dress for a night out or wedding? Underwear with a comfortable fit, thin material, and an appropriate style can guarantee coverage while helping you avoid panty lines.
|Chantelle Women’s Soft Stretch||Brief||High-waist||Yes|
|Commando Low Rise||Thong||Low-waist||Yes|
|Commando Women’s Classic||Shorts||High-waist||Yes|
The Commando Control Shorts have the highest spandex content, making this underwear the most stretchable. The others contain thin fabrics that guarantee seamless waistbands and leg openings.
Certain types of underwear go well with bodycon dresses. The right style can give your body the proper foundation while avoiding the bulging lines that can ruin the silhouette of your figure-hugging dress.
- Brief: As evident in the Chantelle Brief, this underwear style shapes the hips and the midsection. It’s also among the most comfortable styles because it usually has soft fabric and a wide leg opening.
- Control shorts: Inspired by men’s shorts, control shorts like the ones from SPANX and Commando provide maximum coverage. They also offer great slimming properties while minimizing visible lines.
- Thong: Thongs are well-liked for their seductive form, which makes them ideal for exceptionally slender bodycon dresses. There is almost no chance of lines showing through the buttock region, similar to the Commando Thong.
While the cut is the main difference, you should also consider the waist level because it affects the edges of the panties.
- High-waist: If you require extra coverage in the stomach, choose high-waist underwear like the Chantelle Brief, SPANX shorts, or Commando Shorts. This is an excellent alternative to wearing a waist trainer to reduce the muffin top.
- Low-waist: Low-rise panties like the Commando Thong lie between the midsection and the waist. Because of the minimal fabric, this level creates a sleek and sexy silhouette under bodycon dresses.
Choosing underwear with neutral colors such as nude, beige, and back is advisable when wearing a bodycon dress. However, you should consider colors close to your skin tone if you’ll be using a white bodycon to ensure the hues blend with your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Bra Do You Wear Under a Figure-Hugging Dress?
Aside from seamless underwear, you may consider wearing a bodysuit with a built-in bra or a seamless bra under a figure-hugging dress. The bra should keep the breast tissue in place while the underwear tucks in fat.
How Can I Hide My Belly Pooch in a Tight Dress?
Try a waist shaper, a control-top girdle, or high-waisted underwear to hide your belly pooch. Mix and match these garments to smooth out your body shape.
How Do I Look Good in a Tight Dress?
Aside from investing in good shapewear, you can choose dark or slimming colors to look good in a tight dress. You can also pick moderately thick fabrics or designs with vertical stripes. Another way to style your bodycon dress during winter is by using a statement necklace, a bright scarf, and dainty earrings.
Bodycon dresses can be worn by anyone and they can flatter any body figure, although you still need to learn how to style them properly. These underwear options can eliminate panty lines, and smooth love handles regardless of your style. Now, you can be extra confident in flaunting your curves and making bodycon dresses your signature outfit.