As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The best sports bras for breast implants are those that give the most support and comfort. They should be made of fabrics that are breathable and moisture-wicking. The straps should be adjustable, with a clasp at the back to keep them in place.
They should also have a wide band that goes all the way around your chest, which will help to stabilize your breasts, giving you more support and comfort as you work out. In the article below I discuss the top four best sports bras for breast implants.
- My Top Sports Bra for Breast Implants Reviews
- Features to Consider for the Best Sports Bra for Breast Implants
- Related Questions
My Top Sports Bra for Breast Implants Reviews
The best sports bra for someone who has breast implants should be supportive and comfortable, with the right amount of compression. If you have just had breast augmentation surgery, you will want a soft, stretchy fabric that is moisture-wicking and has a front closure to make it easier to put on and take off.
Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra
First on my list is the Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra which is ideal for those who have undergone breast augmentation, breast reduction, a mastectomy, or reconstructive surgery. This sports bra is made of a high-quality, long-lasting yet soft fabric that provides maximum comfort for your breasts after surgery.
The Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra is supportive enough to wear for high-impact activities such as running, gym workouts, and other activities that require jumping. This bra reduces back pain and helps prevent swelling of the breasts after surgery by providing the right amount of compression
This bra is wire-free and seamless, designed not to rub on your healing incision areas. Unlike the Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra that I discuss later in the article, the Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra has a front closure zipper which makes putting this bra on and taking it off so much easier.
The zipper front closure of this bra can also help lift and shape your breasts. The fabric is quite thick, and may show under your clothing if it is tight, so this may not work for you as an everyday bra. For the best fit, make sure you use the brand’s sizing chart.
- The straps of this sports bra are adjustable at the front to help you get the compression more easily. The straps are also detachable which makes the sports bra easier to remove.
- This sports bra can be used during the healing period after breast surgery and after your recovery.
- This bra provides full coverage for your breasts.
- This zipper on this bra may stick out some and show under your clothing.
- This bra is not as breathable as the others on the list due to the materials used.
Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra
The Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra is made of a 75% Polyester, 15% Nylon, 5% Elastane, and 5% Cotton fabric blend which ensures this bra has great elasticity, durability, and airflow. This bra also has mesh inserts on the sides and at the back which help to ensure that your skin stays cooler and drier.
This sports bra offers maximum support and works well for high-impact exercises just like the Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra that I review next. The Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra has enough compression to keep your breasts from bouncing or jiggling while doing different workouts and activities. The fabric on this bra is extra soft and smooth against your skin which is great for anyone who just went through breast surgery. The closure for this bra is at the back, so it is more difficult to put on and take off than the Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra.
- This bra is wire-free. This makes it gentle on your breasts but still provides good support.
- This bra allows proper airflow inside and outside the sports bra, helping you stay cool and comfortable.
- The cups on this sports bra are soft and have the perfect compression, which also helps to shape your breasts.
- The bra straps are thick and adjustable but can be difficult to adjust as the adjustable portion is located at the back of the bra.
- The closure of this bra is at the back, which may not be easy for someone fresh out of surgery to use.
- Country of origin: Imported
- Care: Hand wash cold; Line dry
- Anita Active
Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra
The Under Armour Women's High Sports Bra offers maximum support, breathability, and comfort. It is also made for high-impact exercises just like the other two sports bras I have reviewed so far on my list. This bra has injected padding in the cups for a more natural shape and additional comfort. The Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra gives you great coverage for your breasts.
Similar to the Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra, the Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra has moisture-wicking ability due to its mesh panels at the front of the chest and at the back of the straps. The fabric used is extremely breathable and soft on your skin. This bra also has an adjustable racerback strap design for a more personalized fit and better compression.
This bra is wireless, yet provides a non-constricting snug fit against your breasts. The straps are also fully adjustable to help get the right tightness over your shoulders. This bra has a hook and eye closure at the back and may be difficult to close if you are recovering from surgery.
- The material of this sports bra wicks sweat & dries really fast.
- The molded cups of this bra shape and separate your breasts helping you avoid the dreaded “uni-boob”.
- This bra has a hook and eye closure located at the back of the bra, which may make putting it on and taking it off difficult.
- The sizing on this bra tends to run small. You may want to size up. Make sure you measure and use the brand’s size chart for reference.
- Delivers strategic support, tailored for high-support activities like running, court sports, field...
- Molded, PU injected one-piece padding for ultimate comfort & added coverage
- Mesh panels for added breathability
ENELL Women’s Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra
Last on my list is the ENELL Women's Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra. This bra has a racerback design with a narrow-cut back, which allows for an extended range of motion. This bra is made with a 90% Nylon, 10% Spandex fabric blend, which ensures a snug fit with superior support and comfort.
This sports bra also has a wide stabilizing bottom band that provides extra support which helps reduce back pain, boost your posture, and keep your breasts in place. The comfortable wide shoulder straps on this bra give you a perfect fit that does not slip.
The ENELL Women’s Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra also has a front hook and eye closure, making closing this bra much easier than closing the Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra.
- This bra is wire-free, yet provides great support.
- The fabric of this bra transfers moisture away from your body and prevents heat build-up, helping to keep you cool and dry.
- The shoulder straps on this bra are not adjustable.
- This bra is meant for people with C-cups or bigger. They do not offer smaller sizing.
I’d also like to mention the Rora Post-Surgery Front Closure Bra from Third Love as an excellent option for the best sports bra for breast implants. This bra is made of 92% Modal and 8% Spandex, making it soft, silky and stretchy. The wireless Rora bra is incision site-friendly with wide arm openings, wide straps and a front closure for easy dressing.
- Available in sizes 00 to 8, Check Enell size chart for the right fit
- Narrow cut back for extended range of motion, hook and eye front closure
- Wide straps evenly distribute weight of the breasts
Features to Consider for the Best Sports Bra for Breast Implants
There are several features you should consider before you purchase your sports bra. You definitely want to make sure that your breasts are protected and supported while they heal from surgery. Don’t go braless immediately following surgery.
Comparing Bra for Breast Implants Features
|Brilliant Contours||No||Full Coverage||Front zipper|
|Anita Extreme Control||No||Full Coverage||Back adjustable hook and eye|
|Under Armour Women’s||Yes||Full Coverage||Back adjustable hook and eye|
|ENELL Women’s||Yes||Full Coverage||Front unadjustable hook and eye|
Separation or Compression Sports Bra
Compression-style sports bras are usually elastic and stretchy because of the materials used in them. Generally, a sports bra with a front closure provides more compression than those with a back closure. This is very important if you are doing high-impact exercises and need your bra to prevent any bouncing or jostling.
Another type of sports bra available to you is the encapsulation style sports bra, which has a cup for each breast and separates your breasts while holding them in place. This style of bra eliminates bounce and reduces strain while providing a more natural overall breast shape as compared to compression sports bras
Adjustable Shoulder Straps
Adjustable shoulder straps provide a more personalized fit and can help lift your breasts. Adjustable straps protect your shoulders from too much pressure and can create more space in the cups of the bra if needed. The straps should be also wide with the proper padding so they won’t dig into your shoulders or slip off them while you move.
Band and Closures
The band of the bra should be wide, very elastic, and fit snugly against your torso to optimize support for your breasts. The band should stay in place, and not roll up or move around.
Sports bras can have closures in the front or in the back of the bra. Front closure is much easier to use if you are recovering from surgery, and a front closure sports bra can give you a better fit. Sports bras with back closures may be difficult to put on and take off after surgery.
With or Without Wires
Underwires work well to shape and support your breasts but if you are still recovering from breast surgery, it is not recommended to wear a sports bra with an underwire.
The four sports bras on my list are all wire-free, and provide great comfort, plus maximum support and shaping.
How Long Do You Have to Wear a Sports Bra After Implants?
After your breast implant surgery, it is recommended that you wear a wire-free sports bra for about 6 to 8 weeks. If you still feel any pain or are not yet used to your new breast size, consult with your doctor before returning to normal bras.
What Type of Bra Should I Wear After Breast Implants?
After surgery, your surgeon may suggest that you wear a wire-free medical compression bra or a surgical bra. Your breasts are still healing from surgery and will be tender and swollen for some time. These types of bras are comfortable and very supportive which can protect your breasts from additional discomfort and pain.
What Happens When I Don’t Wear a Compression Bra After a Breast Surgery?
If you don’t wear a compression bra after the surgery, the implants may not settle into their final form and structure or may even end up in the wrong location. If you don’t have proper compression and support, it may also take longer for your bust to recover from the swelling after the surgery.
The best sports bra for breast implants should provide maximum comfort and support without underwires. The sports bra you choose should have a wide and elastic band, wide padded adjustable shoulder straps and front closures. This sports bra should also be full coverage and have the right amount of compression to keep your breasts in place.