If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Protecting your breasts from impact during workouts is necessary, especially if you just went through surgery. As much as possible, you want to feel comfortable and supported by the sports bra you’re wearing. If you’re looking for the best sports bra for breast implants, this review may help you get a well-thought-out buying decision.
- Our Top Sports Bra for Breast Implants Reviews
- Best Overall Sports Bra for Breast Implants: Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra
- Best Sports Bra for Breast Implants for the Money: Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra
- Best Cheap Sports Bra for Breast Implants: Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra
- Best Racerback Sports Bra for Breast Implants: ENELL Women’s Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra
- Features to Consider for the Best Sports Bra for Breast Implants
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Sports Bra for Breast Implants Reviews
The best sports bra for breast implants should take into consideration the location of the incision, the right amount of compression, and the comfort that it can give you amidst the pain. After careful selection, here are our top picks for the best sports bra for your breast implants.
Best Overall Sports Bra for Breast Implants: Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra
On top of the list is the Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra which is ideal not only for breast implant or augmentation. It is also perfect to wear after mastectomy, breast reductions, and reconstructions. This sports bra is made of a high-quality, long-lasting, and soft fabric that provides maximum comfort for your breasts after the implants.
Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra is a great bra to wear for high-impact activities such as running, gym workouts, and other activities that require jumping. It reduces back pain and prevents too much swelling of the breasts by providing enough compression and blood flow. Its wire-free cups and seamless lining are designed not to rub on your incision areas.
Unlike the Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra, it has a front closure zipper preventing you from overly stretching your arms and your chest. This front closure can also help you get the lift or shape that you like.
On the downside, it would be a very thick undergarment if you would want to wear it under your clothes unlike the other sports bras on the list.
- The straps are adjustable at the front to help you get the compression that you need easier. They are also detachable which makes the sports bra easier to remove.
- This sports bra can be used during and after recovery from breast implants.
- It provides full coverage for your breasts and your back.
- The wrong size can cause you discomfort and improper compression. Make sure to check their sizing guide and do not depend on the size of your previous bra.
- This bra is not as breathable as the others on the list due to its very wide coverage and materials used.
- Wire-free + Special Design which will not rub on suture/incision areas
- Zip Up Front lets you get into our bra pain free
- Features Adjustable Straps that also Separate
Best Sports Bra for Breast Implants for the Money: Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra
Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra is made of a combination of polyester, nylon, elastane, and cotton which also combines elasticity, durability, and breathability at the same time. It contains cotton fabric, which makes it more breathable compared to the Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra.
It also has a breathable mesh on the sides and at the back which makes it even more comfortable to wear after breast implants. To avoid irritation and itching especially on the incision site, it has a moisture-wicking ability that prevents sweat from staying too long on your skin.
It is also made for high-impact activities whether indoors or outdoors just like the Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra by offering maximum support. It reduces bounce while doing different workouts and activities. The fabric also feels extra soft and smooth against your skin which makes it highly suitable for ladies that underwent breast implants.
On the downside, you need to exert more effort in closing this sports bra because the closure is at the back. You can always ask for someone’s help at home, though.
- It has no underwire that makes it more gentle on your breast implants while still providing enough support.
- It allows proper airflow inside and outside the sports bra making you feel more comfortable.
- The cups are soft and not too compressing nor too loose. It also gives your breast a nice, beautiful shape.
- It provides more adjustment because of its back closure.
- The straps are thick and adjustable, but they can be found at the back which can be a little difficult if you are still in pain.
- 80% polyester, 10% polyamide, 5% polyurethane, 5% cotton
- Country of origin: Imported
- Care: Hand wash cold. Line dry.
Best Cheap Sports Bra for Breast Implants: Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra
Another sports bra that offers maximum support, breathability, and comfort are the Under Armour Women's High Sports Bra. It is also crafted for high-impact activities to protect your breast implants just like the two sports bras on the list. It has an injected padding in the cups for a more natural shape, additional comfort, and great coverage for your breasts.
Similar to the Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra is has the moisture-wicking ability because of its mesh panels at the front of the chest and back of the straps. The fabric used is not just breathable, it is also soft on the skin that cares for your breast surgery. It also has an adjustable racerback strap for a more personalized fit and compression.
This bra has no underwire, yet provides a non-constricting fit against your breasts. The straps are also fully adjustable to help get the right tightness over your shoulders. On the downside, it can also be hard to close and adjust at the back because of its type of closure.
- This sports bra can also be worn at home while relaxing because of its very comfortable fabric and shape.
- You can wear this sports bra in any weather as it is very breathable and stylish.
- It has a hook and eye closure as well which can be good if you want a more adjustable one.
- The sizes tend to run small. You might not get enough comfort and support with the wrong size.
- Delivers strategic support, tailored for high-support activities like running, court sports, field...
- Molded, PU injected one-piece padding for ultimate comfort & added coverage
- Mesh panels for added breathability
Best Racerback Sports Bra for Breast Implants: ENELL Women’s Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra
Lastly, the ENELL Women's Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra is known for its natural racerback design. It also offers a bounce-free performance during workouts and other activities just like the Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra. It means that it can protect your breast implants from shaking or getting damaged.
Its natural racerback design is narrow-cut, giving the shoulders and shoulder blades more capacity to move. It also has an elastic band that is wide enough to cover your bust and provide support and comfort to your breasts and back. It also allows your breasts to stay in place.
Its thick straps, though unadjustable, provide a perfect fit that does not slip and doesn’t put on too much pressure on your shoulders while doing your workouts. It also has a sweat-wicking ability that keeps you fresh and comfortable all day long.
Compared to the Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra and Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra, its hook and eye closure are at the front making it easier to lock. However, you cannot adjust it anymore if it feels a little loose or tight on your breasts.
- Like the rest on the list, it is also wire-free, yet provides great support for breast implants.
- Though it doesn’t have any adjustment on the straps and front closure, the band is stretchable enough to keep you comfortable.
- It is not suitable for women with breast sizes lower than cup C.
- SAME SUPPORT, STREAMLINED - The ENELL RACER sports bra offers the same bounce-free performance as...
- FINDING YOUR PERFECT FIT - For the very best fit, please do not refer to your current bra size....
- SNUG IS SECURE - ENELL fits differently than any other bra. It may seem too small, at first, but a...
Features to Consider for the Best Sports Bra for Breast Implants
Examining the features of the sports bra that is best for breast implants is very necessary to avoid adding more pain or complications to it. These are the features that you should look out for to make sure that your breast implants are protected and supported. We also added a comparison table for your guidance.
|Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra||Nylon,Spandex||No||Full Coverage||Front Zipper Closure|
|Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra||Polyester, Nylon, Elastane, Cotton||No||Full Coverage||Back Adjustable Hook and Eye Closure|
|Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra||Elastane and Polyester for the bra,polyurethane liquid for the padding||Yes||Full Coverage||Back Adjustable Hook and Eye Closure|
|ENELL Women’s Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra||Lycra Spandex,Naturexx||Yes||Full coverage||Front Unadjustable Hook and Eye Closure|
Separation or Compression Sports Bra
Compression-style sports bras are usually elastic and stretchy because of the materials used in them. Generally, sports bra with front closure provides more compression than those with back closure. We have the Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra as an example of a sports bra that offers great compression. This is very important if you are doing intensive workouts and you want to prevent bouncing.
However, if your doctor suggests not to compress your breasts after the implant, you can use a more encapsulated sports bra. It is a type of sports bra that offers more separation between your breasts rather than pressing them together, just like the Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra.
If you’re going to choose a compression-style sports bra, make sure to get the correct size to avoid wearing a too-tight sports bra. Some bras offer both compression and encapsulation at the same time, just like the Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra.
Adjustable Shoulder Straps
Shoulder straps that are adjustable provide a more personalized fit and comfort on your shoulder and your breasts. Adjustable straps can protect your shoulders from too much pressure and can create more space in the cups if you need to. Straps should also have the proper padding so they won’t painfully dig on your shoulders and back.
Well-padded straps can also protect your breast implants from being pushed too upward. Sports bras that pull the breasts too much can be uncomfortable for your breast implants. However, it still depends on the overall fitting and design of the sports bra.
For example, we have the ENELL Women’s Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra which has unadjustable straps and closure. By getting the right size you can still get the proper fit and comfort whether the straps are fully adjustable or not.
Band and Closures
Most of the support that you can get from a sports bra comes from the elasticity and width of the band. It’s crucial to ensure that the band fits perfectly on your body, not too tight nor too pressing. It should not move together with your every movement to avoid moving your breast implants too.
When it comes to closure, it’s important to consider whether you can do it at the back or not. Back closures usually offer more adjustments, like the Anita Women’s Extreme Control Sports Bra and Under Armour Women’s High Sports Bra. However, they can be difficult and painful to close.
There are sports bras that offer front closures which are a lot easier to lock than back closures, like the Post-Surgical Comfort Compression Sports Bra and ENELL Women’s Full Coverage Racerback Sports Bra. However, they are unadjustable. It means that if you get a smaller size, they can compress your breasts too much and can also cause pain.
With or Without Wires
Underwires are very important for proper shaping and maximum support. However, if you are still recovering from breast implants, it is not recommended to wear a sports bra with an underwire. The four sports bras on the list are all wire-free which makes them suitable for the comfort of your breast implants.
They can still provide maximum support and shaping as long as you’re on the right size.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do You Have to Wear a Sports Bra After Implants?
After your breast implants, it is recommended that you wear a wire-free sports bra for about 6 to 8 weeks. If you still feel any pain or are not used to your new size of breasts, consult with your surgeon before changing to normal bras.
What Type of Bra Should I Wear After Breast Implants?
After the breast implants, your surgeon may suggest that you wear wire-free medical compression bras or surgical bras. This is because your breasts are still healing. They are still tender and swollen. This type of bra can protect you from additional discomfort and pain.
The best sports bra for breast implants should provide maximum comfort and support even if it has no underwires. It should have just enough compression or encapsulation, a wide and elastic band, and comfortable straps and closures. The sports bra that you should wear should have full coverage and prevent your breasts from bouncing.