As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Getting back into shape or gaining some muscles after giving birth is one of the usual goals of moms like you. There are nursing sports bras that are created to help you feel at ease and more confident while doing some low to high impact workouts even if you’re still nursing your child.
So, what is the best nursing sports bra that you can wear during your workouts?
- My Top Nursing Sports Bra Reviews
- Features to Consider for the Best Nursing Sports Bra
- Related Questions
- Recommended Articles
My Top Nursing Sports Bra Reviews
The best nursing sports bra should be able to give your breasts the maximum support they need since they are still sensitive. Aside from that, you should feel comfortable enough while wearing them and doing your daily activities. Here are my top picks for the best nursing sports bra for nursing moms.
BRAVADO! DESIGNS Women’s Yoga Nursing Bra
The BRAVADO! DESIGNS Women’s Yoga Nursing Bra is made of high-quality, soft, and seamless fabric to make you feel more comfortable. Its 4-way stretch fabric snugs perfectly on the body that makes it the best choice for nursing moms.
This 4-way stretch fabric feature is suitable for your changing body and breasts while nursing. It has fully adjustable and convertible racerback straps giving it a more sporty look. The cups have removable hooks that you can fully drop away, making breastfeeding easier.
Similar to iloveSIA Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra, it has removable foam inserts as well that give more shape to your body and make your nursing comfortable when removed. Additionally, since it is made with a very cozy fabric, you may use it every day whether you are nursing or not.
This nursing sports bra can also be used for low-impact activities such as walking and yoga, just like the Gratlin Women’s Racerback Sports Nursing Bra.
On the downside, its super stretchable fabric can be loose easily, especially if not washed by hand.
- You can use this bra as a normal sports bra or a nursing sports bra. It includes a conversion kit that can help you turn it into a very comfortable regular sports bra.
- This nursing sports bra has no underwire, yet still gives great support for your breasts.
- The styles and fabrics are tested for you and your child’s safety.
- Readjusting the straps from time to time might be necessary as it is also stretchy.
- A nursing bra that is ideal for your everyday active lifestyle. PERFECT FOR LOW IMPACT ACTIVITY or...
- A LUXURIOUSLY SOFT AND SEAMLESS NURSING AND MATERNITY BRA with a sporty heather look and convertible...
- A FULL DROP AWAY CUP for breastfeeding that provides maximum skin-to-skin contact. REMOVABLE FOAM...
iloveSIA Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra
Second on the list is the soft, seamless, and wire-free iloveSIA Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra. Similar to the BRAVADO! DESIGNS Women’s Yoga Nursing Bra, it also has a 4-way stretch fabric that makes it suitable for nursing moms. You can also drop the molded, full-coverage cups down while nursing and add nursing pads or foams when not.
The straps are fully adjustable at the front. It has a U-shaped back that keeps the straps in place. You can also access the removable clips of the cup even when using one hand only. Its thin bust has slight shirring at the center front and is ribbed at the bottom which offers ultimate support and prevents sagging.
It also has an inner sling that gives more support and lifts your breasts. Its 4 sets of hook and eye closure ensure a more secure fitting on your body. This bra is also more breathable compared to Gratlin Women’s Racerback Sports Nursing Bra.
On the downside, it is made of thin fabric that is not suitable for high-impact activities.
- The quality of this bra is also tested and certified to ensure your safety.
- You can also wear it under almost any clothing because it is wire-free.
- You can wear this nursing sports bra even while sleeping or just resting because of its breathability.
- It can only be hand washed as well because of its stretchability.
- SUPER COMFORTABLE AND SKIN FRIENDLY: Featuring buttery-soft and breathable fabric for ultimate...
- CONVENIENT NURSING AND BUST SUPPORT: Features one-handed access nursing clasp, adjustable shoulder...
- WORK WITH PUMPING BRA PERFECTLY: Compatible with most of the pumping bras accessories to pump milk...
Gratlin Women’s Racerback Sports Nursing Bra
The Gratlin Women's Racerback Sports Nursing Bra is also good for low to medium impact activities such as walking, jogging, yoga, and some cardio exercises. It has a very elastic band that makes it fit well even if you’re still pregnant. There are also sizes that fit well after you give birth and while nursing.
Gratlin Women’s Racerback Sports Nursing Bra is made of breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that keeps you fresh and comfortable during your activities. It also has built-in thin padding, lined with cotton for added breathability and comfort. It has thick, adjustable, racerback straps that prevent slipping over your shoulders.
Similar to the first two on the list, you can fully pull the cups down if you want to use them for nursing. You can also use this nursing sports bra while relaxing or sleeping just like the iloveSIA Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra.
On the downside, the straps can be adjusted at the back which can be a little difficult since it has a racerback design.
- Its padding is thin enough to avoid too much friction on the nipples.
- It reduces the bouncing of your breasts during workouts.
- It provides full coverage for your breasts.
- It can’t support your breasts fully if you are planning to do some high-impact exercises.
- Racer Back Wireless Nursing Sports Bras: Wirefree but supportive will not too tight to clogged...
- Breathable & Sweat-Wicking Soft Material: Gives you all day comfort and dryness when workout,...
- One Hand Open Nursing Clips: Easy clips allow you to transition from exercise to breastfeeding...
La Leche League Women’s High Impact Support Nursing Bra
Lastly, the La Leche League Women's High Impact Support Nursing Bra which is suitable even for high impact exercises – the main difference among the four on the list. You can use this nursing sports bra when you want to have more outdoor activities such as jogging, biking, or going to the gym.
This nursing sports bra is also wire-free and has a smooth lining. The band is wide enough and does not ride up. It also has a waffle mesh fabric that makes the sports bra breathable keeping you comfortable in return. Its natural racerback design makes it look more sporty rather than just a normal nursing bra.
The same with the rest on the list, its cups can also be easily removed from the clip for more convenient nursing. You can easily remove it using one hand and begin nursing your baby. On the downside, it doesn’t have any adjustable straps.
- This nursing sports bra can provide enough support during low to high impact activities.
- Though it seems to have thicker fabric compared to the other nursing sports bra on the list, it is still breathable and comfortable enough to wear during your workouts.
- The sizes run small. You can choose 1 size up if you are in-between sizes.
- You can only hand wash it to maintain elasticity. Allow them to dry naturally.
- STAY ACTIVE: Whether you're a first time mom or on your fifth boy, staying active is important in...
- MOTHER & CHILD: As any mother knows, the needs of an infant can be unpredictable to say the least....
- EASY BUCKLES: Our women's nursing bras feature easy one-handed nursing buckles that ensure that you...
Features to Consider for the Best Nursing Sports Bra
The best nursing sports bra can help you achieve your workout goals while still attending to the needs of your child. To be able to do that, you need to select a nursing sports bra that has at least most of the features stated below. Additionally, here’s a table of comparisons as a quick guide.
Comparing Nursing Sports Bra Features
|Bra||Removable Padding?||Racerback Design?||Support||Coverage|
|BRAVADO! DESIGNS||Yes||Yes||For low-impact activities||Full Coverage|
|iloveSIA Women’s||Yes||No||For low-impact activities||Full Coverage|
|Gratlin Women’s||Yes||Yes||For low to medium-impact activities||Full Coverage|
|La Leche League||No||Yes||For low to high-impact activities||Full Coverage|
Removable Cup Clips
A sports bra that has easily removable clips or snaps on the cup is very ideal for nursing moms. It will make your life easier if you can remove the clip or snap off the cups using one hand. When you’re holding your baby already, it will be easier for you to unclip one of the cups and start breastfeeding.
All nursing sports bras on the list have these removable clips, such as the BRAVADO! DESIGNS Women’s Yoga Nursing Bra and iloveSIA Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra.
Comfortable Fit and Fabric
A nursing sports bra should provide enough comfort for you while protecting your breasts from being too compressed or sagging. The fabric should be breathable, elastic, and soft enough to make you feel at ease. Proper breathability will ensure that you will not feel irritated because of sweat and bacteria build-up.
Stretchy fabrics will ensure the proper adjustment and fitting that your changing body needs. Some nursing sports bras on the list offer 4-way stretch making them fit so well on your body. The iloveSIA Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra is an example of a breathable and elastic fabric.
The band should also be wide enough so that it will not ride up or cause discomfort on your bust. It should also have cushioned straps that prevent digging and sliding off your shoulders.
A nursing sports bra is not just your normal go-to bra or regular sports bra. It should be able to protect your milk-filled breasts from sagging and bouncing too much. Maximum support is needed because your nipples and breast tissues are more sensitive due to hormonal changes inside your body.
Getting a very supportive nursing sports bra can save you from shoulder pain and other injuries during workouts. If you’re planning to do some high-impact activities, you can choose the La Leche League Women’s High Impact Support Nursing Bra. This bra is good for low to high impact activities.
Consider Sizing Up
Before and after giving birth, the size of your breasts is going to change. They are usually going to get bigger and go back to their regular size eventually. It is safer to get a nursing sports bra that is at least one size up from your regular bra. The size can go higher depending on how big it gets based on your measurement.
Proper measurement and sizing are necessary to give your breasts enough room inside the cups. Adjustable closure and straps can also be helpful. As an example, I have the iloveSIA Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra that has fully adjustable straps and hooks and eye closure.
Thick padding can be uncomfortable for you especially when you became sweaty after a workout. There are some nursing sports bras that offer removable padding or nursing pads. These removable padding can help you nurse your child better and more comfortably.
I have the Gratlin Women’s Racerback Sports Nursing Bra among the list that has removable nursing pads.
Since your breasts and nipples will get bigger, you have to make sure that they are still fully covered. A full-coverage nursing sports bra can also give full protection to your breasts while still being fashionable. All of the nursing sports bras on the list offer full coverage for your breasts.
Ease of Use
As much as possible, you don’t want to stress yourself more just because of hard to wear and remove bras and cups. The nursing sports bra that you should get should not have an underwire to avoid more pain and irritation. It should come with easily detachable clips and locks to help you easily feed your baby.
It should not have complicated straps and closures that can just make the process longer. As an example, I have the BRAVADO! DESIGNS Women’s Yoga Nursing Bra. It has cup clips at the front for easy feeding and hook and eye closure at the back.
Are Sports Bras Good for Nursing?
A nursing sports bra is good because it prevents your breast from being saggy even after the breastfeeding stage. It saves you from more pain and injuries during workouts as well. Wearing a nursing sports bra can also make your nursing time easier.
Will a Nursing Sports Bra Stop My Milk Supply?
Wearing a nursing sports bra will not stop your milk supply as long as you wear the right size. If you are wearing a too-tight nursing sports bra, it can block proper blood flow and milk production, resulting in a lesser amount of milk.
How Many Nursing Sports Bras Should I Have?
You should have at least 3 to 4 nursing sports bras ready to use. This is to avoid the wash and wear process that can easily lose the elasticity of your bra. Also, leaking is very common among nursing moms, so another sports bra should be waiting in the drawer.
A nursing sports bra should be able to protect your sensitive breasts and nipples whether or not you’re working out. The best nursing sports bra should be elastic and breathable enough. It should also be easy to use.