As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There are times when you must hide the bra under tops, while there are also clothing styles that look good with a visible bra. For such reasons, we’re going to help you choose the best bra for tank tops, including the right kind to wear for different situations.
- Our Top Bra for Tank Tops Reviews
- Features to Consider in a Bra for Tank Tops
Our Top Bra for Tank Tops Reviews
Considering style, design, contouring, comfort, and support, the SPANX Women’s Up for Anything Strapless Bra is the best bra for tank tops. Since there are other types of tank tops, scroll through to find the best match for your outfits.
SPANX Women’s Up for Anything Strapless Bra
Whether it’s a tight or loose-fitting tank top, the SPANX Women's Up for Anything Bra keeps the breasts lifted, even without straps. While it’s basically a strapless bra, it also comes with convertible straps should you need extra support, and of course, for layering it with the tank top’s straps.
SPANX is famous for creating pillowy soft bras with wider-than-average bands that provide a natural lift. Besides that, it has unique memory foam cups that mold the body for a more personalized fit and natural shape.
Tank tops are stylish pieces of clothing that go well with a variety of bottoms. When worn without a bra, you risk flashing your breasts or protruding nipples. The elastane-nylon mix ensures the bra remains stretchable as you move while also managing to stay firmly against your chest.
The SPANX Up for Anything Bra also includes a SmartGrip technology that helps the elastic band smooth out in the back, which is perfect if you love wearing low-back tank tops.
- Memory foam cups for a natural contour
- Wideband for removing creases and bulges
- Includes convertible straps
- Needs extenders
- Only has A to DDD cups
- SPANX Pants and Leggings Size Chart
- SPANX Shapewear Size Chart
- SPANX Bra Size Chart
Natori Women’s Hidden Glamour Bra
The great thing about t-shirt bras is that they have versatile designs and constructions that go well with different kinds of clothes. Among them is the Natori Women's Hidden Glamour Bra, which uses scalloped contoured cups to create a natural silhouette of your bosom under tank tops.
Unlike the SPANX Bra that has semi-coverage, the Natori Glamour Bra uses full-coverage cups to lift the breast, removing sideboobs or bulges peeking through a tank top’s armhole.
A wide flat lace frames the neckline, which makes the texture slightly visible through some tops. If you choose vibrant colors of the bra, you can wear them as a layer under sheer or lace tank tops.
Meanwhile, the band is low enough if you want to show off the backside or you want to pair a tank top with a back necklace. Although a little flimsy, the thin straps blend well with the straps of tank tops, especially if you choose complementary colors.
- Full-fit foam cups for a natural lift
- Lace neckline design
- Unlined yet stretchable
- Straps feel a bit flimsy
- Not ideal for those who need a push-up support
- Full fit stretch foam cups give a natural shape and containment on the body
- Flat wide lace frames the neckline for a dramatic look
- Rave back supports and smooths exactly where you need it
Cosabella Women’s Never Say Never Bralette
A bralette is one of the best layering undergarments. Even with spaghetti straps or a racerback style, the Cosabella Women's Never Say Never Bralette won’t clash against your tank tops.
Despite having a fully floral lace design, the scalloped edge ensures that the bralette lies gently on the skin to avoid irritation and chafing.
Aside from the broad, adjustable straps, it has an elastic band for an enhanced fit, making sure that despite having a soft material, you won’t accidentally show your breast as you bend or lift the arms.
Even if you have large breasts and a small ribcage, the Cosabella Bralette comes in large sizes that can support the bosom.
Since it has a pullover style, the lack of clasp closure makes the bralette easier to wear. With that said, this bralette and tank top combo can be your go-to outfit for a quick beach trip.
- Full lace design
- Knitted yet molded bralette
- Convenient pullover style
- Soft lace band
- Tends to smash the breasts together
- Wireless Bralette Designed For Dd Cups And Up.Wide, Adjustable Straps.Lined With Power Mesh For...
- Weave type: Knit
- Made in beautiful floral Never Say Never lace
Features to Consider in a Bra for Tank Tops
Although bras fit differently in every woman’s unique body, these are the qualities you should check when looking for the right bra for your tank tops.
Its worth keeping in mind that an alternate option is to buy a tank top with a built in bra.
Comfortable Cups and Band
Keep in mind that you may be wearing the bra for a long time, so be sure that the feel against the skin won’t make you feel too sweaty or irritated, particularly when paired with tight-fitting tank tops.
The comfort largely depends on how well the cups and band rest against your body. Choose a bra with cups that can give you just the right amount of lift without straining your chest.
Aside from that, the band should support the cups and prevent your breasts from spilling out. Likewise, it should be wide yet elastic enough to smoothen lumps on your back and sides.
Supportive Straps, Closure, and Underwire
Tank tops are usually sleeveless. Some have big armholes, plunging necklines, or open-back designs. Wearing such designs means you also risk revealing your breasts.
Even if you want to show off the color or style of your bra, it should still provide support to ensure that the cups stay firmly placed against your breast. Such support comes from straps, closure, and underwire.
The style is also an important factor as this may affect how well it would look when partnered with a tank top.
- Push-Up: Some tank tops can make the chest look flatter. Like the SPANX Bra, the good thing about a push-up bra is that it uses soft yet molded cups to push the breasts upwards and closer together. If you’re wearing plunge tank tops, a push-up bra can visibly increase breast volume.
- Strapless: If you want your shoulders to take a break from the weight of carrying a bra, consider wearing a strapless one like the SPANX Bra. This is also ideal if you’re wearing a strappy tank top and you want to lessen the number of visible straps.
- Bralette: For ladies who love wearing tank tops with low-cut armholes, you can try exposing a gorgeous bra below the armpit, much like the Cosabella Bralette. This is also applicable if the tank top is backless or has a deep V in the front and back.
- Full-Coverage: For extra wide tank tops, another option is to wear a full-coverage bra like the Natori Glamour Bra to ensure you remain well-covered while still showing off a nice style.
Color, Print, and Texture
Wearing tank tops is a great opportunity to bring out your beautifully designed bras. Printed and textured bras can transform an otherwise plain tank top into a one-of-a-kind look! You wouldn’t have to worry about bumping into someone else who might be wearing the same top style.
If you prefer a virtually invisible bra underneath tank tops, then go for nude colors or smooth cups like the SPANX Bra. On the other hand, the Natori Glamour Bra and Cosabella Bralette are excellent options if you want the design and straps to blend with tank tops.
Whether you want the bra to stick out of your tank or conceal it under your clothes, the right bra from this list will keep you fashionable and comfortable all the time.