As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Whatever the season, some bodies are prone to inflammatory skin conditions. Wearing the wrong kind of bra can intensify skin-to-skin friction due to sweating in your skin folds. For this reason, I’m giving options for the best bra for intertrigo to prevent sweat buildup in your breasts.
- My Top Intertrigo Bra Recommendations
- Features to Consider for a Bra for Intertrigo
- Causes of Intertrigo
- Frequently Asked Questions
My Top Intertrigo Bra Recommendations
After comparing various factors, I found that Wacoal Women’s How Perfect Bra is the ultimate bra that can help stop uncomfortable underboob sweat or intertrigo. Its wireless design, lightweight construction, and contoured cups can reduce breast perspiration without compromising support.
It can sometimes be unavoidable for the skin folds to collect sweat, especially under the breasts. I’m giving bra solutions to keep your chest cool and comfortable to prevent inflamed, red rash due to moisture.
Best Bra for Intertrigo: Wacoal Women’s How Perfect
A too-tight bra is one of the leading causes of intertrigo. With the Wacoal Women’s How Perfect Bra, the stretchable band won’t apply pressure to your breasts, allowing your chest to evaporate sweat completely. Meanwhile, the soft cups won’t rub against the skin.
Even the straps include soft fabric instead of garter-like straps in some bras. While it has lightly padded cups, unlike the others, its molded cups ensure shaping to any breast size. As a result, you achieve a more rounded and fuller silhouette.
Whether you have large or small breasts, you can also suffer from having sensitive skin. Warm, wet skin, mainly under the breasts, can lead to infection if not managed properly. This bra’s wireless and seamless structure provides a soft, cooling touch on the skin.
Wacoal How Perfect is the only bra on this list with a side boning. Although it serves its purpose of preventing side spillage, you can clearly feel the boning at the side panels. For some people, this may be slightly uncomfortable or irritating.
- Stretchable microfiber material gives a gentle feel to the skin.
- Molded, lightly padded cups ensure shaping and ventilation.
- Prominent side boning, although a seamstress can remove this plastic piece.
- Straps are still long even on the shortest adjustment.
Best Side-Support Bra for Intertrigo: True & Co True Body Mesh Convertible
The challenge of dealing with intertrigo is that in your efforts to keep breast tissue from piling at the bottom, you may unconsciously lead them to the sides. The True & Co True Body Mesh Convertible Bra smoothes side fat and lifts breast tissue while keeping a comfortable hold on your chest.
Intertrigo can cause a red rash underneath the breasts, making the area’s skin irritable, uncomfortable, smelly, and likely to become cracked. The good thing is that this bra’s elastic and wireless band isn’t stifling. Instead, it uses moisture-wicking fabric to stop sweat from pooling up.
Unlike the others, the True & Co Body Bra uses full-coverage cups with removable pads for extra support and coverage. Although unlined, the cups provide proper shaping by lifting your breast tissue without the need for an underwire.
Compared to the other bras, it features a j-hook at the back of the straps that can convert your bra into a racerback. This design pulls the cups against your chest to avoid spillage. Don’t worry because the smooth, buttery fabric won’t make your body feel too hot or restrained.
- Can serve as a post-surgery or sleep bra.
- Seamless and elastic construction for a lightweight feel.
- Straps are too wide apart, although you can use the j-hook to adjust.
- May feel too thin for women with large breasts.
Best Plus-Size Bra for Intertrigo: Cosabella Women’s Soire Confidence Curvy Bralette
Summer should be a fun season, yet the warm weather can also bring sweat problems for ladies with larger breasts. The Cosabella Women’s Soire Confidence Curvy Bralette is the perfect option for sun-loving women who want superior breast containment while feeling refreshed.
The underboobs can form a warm, moist environment. If left unchecked, you can suffer from bacteria and yeast infections. An ordinary rash might develop into swelling and blisters, particularly if your bra is rubbing too much.
The Cosabella Soire Bralette is the only one that uses 100% polyamide, which resists mildew or mold growth. In addition, it contains a power mesh lining along the cups for extra ventilation. This is a great option for those who want a semi-sheer bra without using lace.
Its decreased elasticity won’t give as much bust shaping compared to the Wacoal and True & Co bras. Still, the elastic band and side panels provide enough support and lift for large breasts. In effect, you can wear this bra for light to moderate-impact activities such as lounging and yoga.
- It uses lightweight and quick-drying fabric to resist moisture.
- Features triangle-shaped soft cups for extra coverage.
- Not ideal for high-impact activities.
- The back clasp feels a bit itchy.
Features to Consider for a Bra for Intertrigo
Sweating is inevitable, whether at the top of the chest, under the boobs, or near the armpits. This is why it’s crucial that you consider these features to choose the right bra that can help alleviate the symptoms of intertrigo.
|Wacoal How Perfect Bra
|molded lightly padded cups
|True & Co True Body Convertible Bra
|full-coverage with removable pads
|Cosabella Soire Curvy Bralette
|triangle cups with a sheer layer
The first step towards preventing intertrigo is choosing the proper bra size. In this way, you can avoid having a tight band or small cups causing friction on your chest.
Keep in mind that your bra shouldn’t move around, ride up, or be too tight to cause pain in the area when you’re experiencing intertrigo.
The bras on this list provide a range of sizes, so make sure to determine your actual band measurements and cup letter. You may also consider sister sizing if you’re in between sizes.
A good bra for intertrigo must have a smooth, breathable, and stretchable fabric. This kind of material will let the bra adjust to your size and movements. Consequently, the bra would feel lightweight against the skin.
- Nylon: Despite not being the most breathable material, nylon’s superior moisture-wicking properties enable the Wacoal How Perfect Bra to prevent sweat from collecting on your chest.
- Elastane: Elastane bras like the True & Co Body Mesh quickly dry up, stopping moisture from staying in body creases for a long time.
- Polyamide: Polyamide is a great substitute for cotton if you want something breathable yet elastic, much like the Cosabella Soire Bralette.
Bras come in various styles, and while you may have favorites, you must consider if their features can worsen your skin condition. These bra styles can minimize skin irritation and friction in aggravated areas.
- T-shirt: Because this design typically features seamless construction, a t-shirt bra like Wacoal is a great option. This makes it a great bra for most casual or formal outfits.
- Full coverage: Sweat forms in some parts of the chest because breast tissue adds pressure and heat to the underboobs. The True & Co bra uses full coverage cups to prevent the breast tissue from hanging low.
- Bralette: A bralette like the one from Cosabella is a more lightweight alternative to traditional bras. Its wire-free design and unlined cups reduce chafing.
Although wires can lift and shape the breasts, they can also dig into the skin’s folds. Unfortunately, this could exacerbate the inflammation already present. With that said, I’m only listing wire-free bras so that no rigid materials can press against your breast skin.
You may feel the most warmth in the cups. You must use the correct cup size to encapsulate your breasts fully, yet the cups shouldn’t hinder ventilation.
The Wacoal bra has padded cups, although they are extremely light, so you can add fullness to the bust without rubbing too much on the skin. The True & Co bra offers removable cups, whereas the Cosabella bralette is entirely unpadded.
Using adjustable straps is another way to make your bra fit properly and feel extra comfortable. As long as the skin has creases that can trap moisture, intertrigo can also occur in the back and shoulders.
The bras I reviewed offer adjustable straps that don’t fit too tightly on the shoulders. Despite that, the straps won’t lessen support for the cups.
Causes of Intertrigo
As a bra fit expert, I want to educate women on the common causes of intertrigo rashes under the breasts. This painful condition results from skin rubbing against skin, trapping in moisture and heat. Contributing factors include:
- Friction: Friction from skin constantly moving against skin under the breasts causes chafing and irritation. Wearing an ill-fitting bra that doesn’t limit the motion can make this worse.
- Moisture: Sweat easily builds up under the breasts. Yeast and bacteria thrive in the warm, moist environment. This can initiate and worsen rashes.
- Poor Circulation: Poor blood circulation can inhibit healing of skin inflammations. Medical conditions like diabetes are linked to poorer circulation which increases risk of recurrent rashes.
Underboob Sweat Prevention Tips
Proper hygiene and making bra adjustments can help prevent painful intertrigo rashes from developing under the breasts:
- Keep Skin Clean and Dry: Gently cleanse under the breasts daily, drying thoroughly after. Avoid harsh soaps which can strip protective oils. After showering, use a hair dryer on a cool setting to keep the area moisture-free.
- Wear Breathable Fabrics: Choose cotton-lined bras and tops to wick moisture away from the skin and allow airflow. Avoid bras and clothing made from synthetic fabrics that trap heat and sweat.
- Apply Powder: Applying a light dusting of antifungal or cornstarch powder can help keep skin dry to prevent irritation. Make sure to choose products specifically formulated for sensitive skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is My Underboob Sweating?
The body naturally regulates heat, especially in hot weather, while exercising, or if you have huge breasts, which is why your underboobs are perspiring. In the underboobs, the skin hangs and folds, trapping air and preventing sweat from evaporating.
How Can I Avoid Getting Intertrigo?
Wearing a well-fitting bra will help you avoid having intertrigo. Another method is avoiding restrictive garments made of non-absorbent fabric. It’s also beneficial to properly dry out your chest after a workout or bath.
How Do I Prevent Sweating Rash Around the Breasts?
You can apply antibiotic ointment, antifungal cream, or moisturizer recommended by your physician to stop the sweating rash between the breasts. Avoid using fragranced lotions or soaps to minimize irritation. Finally, invest in breathable clothing and bras.
You can choose any of these cooling bras to prevent boob sweat from resulting in intertrigo. Make sure to consider your size and the essential bra features. I hope these bras can motivate you to continue moving and not worry about sweating.