As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Friction, pregnancy, arousal due to stimuli, and hormonal imbalance can sometimes make the nipples protrude. However, you can’t always style your hair down or wear thick clothing to conceal them. This is why we’re giving you the best bra to hide nipples without compromising your style.
- Our Top Bra to Hide Nipples Reviews
- Features to Consider in a Bra to Hide Nipples
Our Top Bra to Hide Nipples Reviews
Despite countless bra options available in the market today, we found that the Wacoal Women’s Sport Contour Bra is the best bra to hide nipples because of its ultra-comfortable fit and cushioned support. Aside from that, there are other bras for nipple concealment you can try for different situations.
As a recent honorable mention we’ve found, we want to highlight the 24/7 Lace Contour Plunge Bra from Third Love as an excellent option for bra to hide nipples. Designed with Memory foam, plunge-style cups with removable inserts, this plunge bra gives you an extra lift and dependable support that will carry you through your entire day.
Wacoal Women’s Sport Contour Bra
With everyday movements, particularly when working out, the body tends to pump more blood in areas with a heightened physiological response. To save you from awkward situations, the Wacoal Women's Sport Contour Bra can hide your nipples using its compressive yet breathable cups.
While it lacks padding, the soft and breathable cups help the breasts achieve a full round shape, yet without the extra weight. In addition, the cups have more coverage along the top and sides to minimize bounce whenever you move.
As a result, you can avoid friction that causes nipples to erect unexpectedly. This enables the nipples to remain flat at the center of your bosom. This contour bra for covering peeking nipples also includes an underwire that helps lift the breasts firmly against the cups.
Since it’s a sports bra, the Wacoal Contour Bra also has compression abilities that keep the breasts and nipples pressed down. Despite the compression, there’s still ample leeway for the breasts to breathe.
Moreover, if your nipples tend to be stubborn and like to face opposing directions, the adjustable straps help tighten the hold of the cups and keep your nipples in the right place.
Combining spandex and polyester, this bra for nipple cover remains lightweight even as you spend the whole day covered in sweat. While not as great as waterproof nipple covers, this bra does wick moisture well. Its quick-drying properties also let your chest breathe and cool down.
- Breathable fabric with compression abilities
- Ideal for moderate to high-impact activities
- Dries quickly and repels coldness to prevent the nipples from sticking out
- Not suitable for some types of clothing
- No foam padding
- Lacks feminine design and texture
- Underwire Sport Bra
- Cups of breathable spacer fabric provide the opacity of a padded bra without the weight
- Simplex fabric frame in top and side of cups helps to minimize bounce
Freya Women’s Idol Underwire Molded Balcony Bra
You can’t always rely on thick clothes to conceal your nipples, which also means compromising your outfits. The snug fit of the Freya Women's Idol Molded Balcony Bra can keep the breasts and nipples in place without making your chest feel too bound.
You would need broader coverage, especially if you have large areolas and nipples. Unlike the other bras from this list, this is the only one with a cup range from D to HH, making it an ideal choice for top-heavy ladies.
Even if it’s a balcony bra, which means it has less coverage than the Wacoal Sports Bra, this Freya bra contains adjustable straps and wide wings to support the bosom and prevent them from slipping over.
Furthermore, this style of bra for covering nipples is ideal if you usually wear clothes that show more of the top half of the breasts, yet you don’t want to experience nip slips.
Due to the addition of nylon, it tends to cling more to the breasts. However, since the bra mainly consists of polyester, you can still prevent moisture from irritating the nipples.
Aside from five vibrant colors, the pinstripe design of this bra for nipple concealment also adds texture to the bra cups, acting as a barrier between the nipples and your clothes.
- Ideal for busty women
- Balcony cups for semi-full coverage
- Upward and forward lift
- Thin straps
- Underwire goes quite high under the armpits
- Not ideal for those who prefer full-coverage
- Balcony cups offer good coverage with neck edge binding
- Fully adjustable straps to prevent strap slippage
- Stylish pinstripe detail
Wacoal Women’s Halo Underwire Bra
Having the best materials and coverage doesn’t mean you always need to splurge to get the best lined bra for hiding nipples. With the Wacoal Women's Halo Underwire Bra, you get to conceal your nipples and enjoy superb support.
Despite having a sheer layer, the thickness of the cups and the mesh lace’s texture add coverage to prevent the nipples from sticking out. The lace looks good even under a thin shirt, with no prominent pattern lines. Plus points if you love highly feminine designs.
On the downside, it has a narrower band than the Freya Balcony Bra, so you may feel the thin band dig a bit around the ribcage. However, you can adjust the hook enclosure to prevent this from happening.
Since this bra for concealing nipples mainly uses nylon, the bra stretches enough even without a lining. This is an excellent option if you prefer a bra that easily forms according to your breast shape while giving a lift.
Even if the Wacoal Halo has no padding like the Wacoal Sports Bra, its lining is enough to retain the cup shape. However, the lack of padding and inclusion of mesh means you risk damage to the bra when you throw it in the washing machine.
- Embedded lace pattern for extra nipple coverage
- Supportive cups to keep the breasts uplifted
- Stretchable fabric
- Thin band
- Underwire and band tend to dig into the skin
- Mesh lining isn’t suitable for machine washing
- Lace underwire bra featuring adjustable convertible straps that can be worn over shoulders or as...
- Hook-and-eye closure at back
- Inner support sling for DDD and G cup sizes
SPANX Women’s Bra-Llelujah Full-Coverage Bra
If you don’t want textured bras and only need slight padding for your small breasts, the SPANX Women's Bra-Llelujah Full-Coverage Bra can add volume to your bust without making the nipples stand out. You won’t suffer from gaping issues even with full-coverage cups.
While full-coverage bras can generally keep the bosom at bay, there are still instances where the breasts tend to misalign, and nipples would pop free. In such unfortunate cases, the front-clasp closure of this bra for covering protruding nipples gives you a discreet way to adjust your breasts easily.
The downside of having a front enclosure is that the band doesn’t stretch, so this nipple-concealing bra is only ideal for ladies with small bosoms. Still, the whole bra stretches out more than the other bras because of its hosiery-like material.
Although you can’t adjust the straps, the wide and elastic straps manage to stay on the shoulders and keep the cups firmly placed against the breasts. However, be careful as constant washing may wear out the elasticity of the straps.
Furthermore, the SPANX Bra-Llelujah uses stretchable material to ensure the bra moves with you, leaving a completely smooth base to conceal the nipples. You won’t be able to detect a hint of the nipples even if you wear a silk dress or tight-fitting clothes.
- Easy to wear and remove
- Full-coverage cups that prevent spillage
- Light padding with smooth lining finish
- Poor stretch recovery
- Slight stabbing in the ribcage
- Inability to adjust the straps
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: With underwire, providing added support, Spanx all-coverage bra features our...
- DESIGN DEPICTION: This super comfortable bra has the characteristic front-closure design that...
- CUSTOMER CENTRIC: Being considerate towards the versatile customer base, this fan-favorite bra has...
Features to Consider in a Bra to Hide Nipples
There are some aspects you need to look out for when choosing the right bra to cover nipples, including bust size, band size, type of bra, material, molding, padding, and texture. When combined, these features make a bra do its job perfectly in keeping your breasts concealed and protected.
Your bust size influences how well the cup would fit against your body. Although brands sometimes differ in cup measurements, it’s best to stick to your actual size. Generally, your breasts should fill out the cups to ensure there’s no gaping or spillage.
The Wacoal Contour Bra, Freya Balcony Bra, and Wacoal Underwire Bra all start with D cup sizes. Meanwhile, the SPANX Women’s Full-Coverage Bra only has A-D cups.
If your bust doesn’t rest well against the cups, this gives a chance for your breasts to break free and misdirect the nipples. Thus, make sure to choose a well-fitted bra so that you get the optimum support to eliminate sagging, bulges, creases, and nip slips.
Nipple concealment is not all about directly covering it. Sometimes, it depends on how you lift your cleavage and position the breasts. Hence, it’s equally important that you ensure the band fits well against the breastbone and around the ribcage.
The band shouldn’t go high up or too low on the back. This way, the band can lift the cups, and consequently, scoop your bosom so that the nipples stay where they should be.
Choosing the bra style also helps keep the nipples hidden. There are several kinds of bra for covering the nipples, although we’re going to narrow it down to the ones that have better concealment.
- Sports: Like the Wacoal Contour Bra, a sports bra for covering the nipples provides compression and encapsulation abilities. First, it compresses or holds the breasts down, along with the nipples, leaving no space for the nipples to feel the cool air. Meanwhile, the encapsulation still enables each breast to have its own cup.
- Balconette: Although it has less coverage on the top part, a balconette bra gives breasts a rounded look by pushing them up. Like in the Freya Balcony Bra, this style uses light compression to keep your bosom and nipples in place.
- Full-Coverage: Giving maximum coverage for the breast, this kind of bra covers the entire chest, making sure there’s no room for nip slips. The Wacoal Contour, Wacoal Halo, and SPANX Bra-Llelujah all fall under this category.
- T-shirt Bra: This type of bra for hiding nipple usually has a smooth and seamless design, as evident in the SPANX Bra-Llelujah. Whether you choose slightly padded or molded cups, a t-shirt bra is a good choice for tightly-fitted clothes.
- Contour: True to its name, a contour bra for nipple concealment has amazing shaping abilities, which give much-needed support and lift. Like in the Wacoal Sports Bra, it sculpts and compresses the breasts to prevent the nipples from poking out.
- Front-Clasp: If your breasts tend to position towards the sides or there’s more volume in the sideboobs, a front-clasp bra like the SPANX Bra-Llelujah would suit you. The movement of closing the bra in front brings the bosom closer together in front.
The material plays a significant role in a bra’s ability to hide nipples. Too sheer materials might only make the nipples protrude further, whereas thick fabrics can conceal the breast better.
- Polyester: A bra’s efficiency depends on how well it can withstand wearing and washing. While polyester is thinner than cotton, it is highly resistant to moisture, as well as shrinking. This is why the Wacoal Sports Bra and Freya Balcony Bra are perfect if your nipples usually react to moisture.
- Cotton: If your nipples tend to become perkier due to skin irritations or sensitivity, consider using cotton cups, like the SPANX Bra-Llelujah. However, while cotton is among the most breathable materials for undergarments, its support and shaping are not as great as synthetic fabrics.
- Spandex: Also known as elastane, spandex is a synthetic, stretchable fiber that allows bras to retain shape. Once your breasts get exposed to moisture and sweat, your nipples may react and protrude. The good thing is that all of the bras we mentioned contain spandex, which has heat retention abilities.
- Nylon: While nylon is exceptionally strong, it isn’t as moisture-resistant as polyester. Besides, nylon brings a feminine touch in the designs of the Freya Balcony, Wacoal Halo, and SPANX Bra-Llelujah.
Since we want to provide as much coverage for your nipples as possible, it’s best to steer away from satin bras, as the sheerness can easily make the nipples show up.
Molding and Padding
The bra’s molding isn’t enough to completely hide the nipples; its efficiency also depends on the padding. The harder the padding, the better nipple concealment. Likewise, sturdier padding helps keep the breasts from popping out of the bra.
While an unlined bra works great in accentuating your natural breast shape, it’s less likely to cover your nipples due to thinness. If you have a smaller bust, the padding of a lined bra for concealing nipples can help make your bosom look fuller.
For comparison, the two Wacoal bras lack padding, whereas the Freya and SPANX bras have light paddings.
Underwire and Straps
The straps help lift the cups so that they won’t slip away from the bosom. The underwire further reinforces this by pushing the cups upwards and preventing the breasts from spilling out.
All of the bras for covering nipples contain an underwire, although the SPANX Bra is the only one without adjustable straps.
Texture and Design
If the molding and padding are not enough in keeping your nipples at bay, bra textures and design do an excellent job of hiding nipples.
Wacoal Contour and SPANX Bra-Llelujah have plain designs and smooth textures. On the other hand, Freya Balcony has pinstripes, whereas Wacoal Halo uses lace as a second layer.
We know how difficult it can be to shop for a bra that fits nicely and covers the nipples. With our bra selection, your nipples remain protected and concealed, giving you peace of mind and confidence in wearing your outfits. You’ll feel confident enough to grab your best professional Nikon camera and start a photoshoot!