As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Some women have a little more fat in their armpit region. This extra fat is commonly known as underarm or side fat. It is important to find a bra that can accommodate and help contain this extra fat so you can have a sleeker, smoother silhouette.
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best bras for women who have side fat. First off, it is important to determine what type of bra you need – whether it is full coverage, low coverage, or no-wire. Then you must determine the cup size and band size that will work best for you.
In the article below, we have put together a guide to help you pick the best bra for containing and controlling your side fat.
- Our Top Bra for Side Fat Reviews
- Features to Consider for a Bra for Side Fat
- Related Questions
- Recommended Articles
Our Top Bra for Side Fat Reviews
The right bra can contour the sides of your breasts and help to keep everything centered so there is no spillage from the sides of the cups of the bra. Follow along as we review the top 4 bras that help manage side fat.
Along with our recommendations below, the 24/7 Perfect Coverage Bra from Third Love is one we want to give an honorable mention to. This bra has a micro jersey fabric that is incredibly soft and durable, with a double layer ballet back with hidden elastic that smooths your form. Its hybrid foam contours your body and has supporting foam on the outside.
Warners Women’s No Side Effects T-Shirt Bra
The Warners Women's No Side Effects T-Shirt Bra smoothes the sides of your breasts and eliminates fat bulges by using extra-wide side panels, full-coverage cups, and flexible material.
Side fat can sometimes be caused by an ill-fitting bra that digs into your skin and pushes extra flesh under your arms, causing unsightly bulges. The Warner’s Women’s No Side Effects T-Shirt Bra uses flexible foam cups to cover the breasts fully, which helps to contain all of your breast tissue and keep it from going out the sides of the bra. These cups help create a streamlined look without restricting your movements.
This bra is composed of 80% nylon and 20% elastane which makes an extremely elastic, lightweight fabric. This flexible fabric molds to your bust, while moving with your body. The bra will not become stretched out or overly loose while you wear it either.
The bra’s gore keeps the cups in the center and the side panels flat against your skin, which creates a shapely bust while hiding any side boob fat. This bra stays in place, even if you twist, bend, or raise your arms.
Similar to the Olga Women’s No Side Effects Underwire Contour Bra, which we discuss later in the article, the Warner’s Women’s No Side Effects T-Shirt Bra uses an underwire to help contour the shape of your breasts. The underwire lacks cushioning but it does bring your breasts closer together while lifting them up. This causes your breasts to look both firmer and more round due to the breast tissue being held away from the sides of your chest.
- This bra has wide side panels and a side-boning structure that helps to contain excess flesh under your arms.
- This bra has a snug fit with flexible foam cups.
- DD is the biggest cup size for this bra.
- Deodorant may stain the fabric if sprayed directly onto the bra.
- Side-smoothing panels
- Elastic-free sides and back for a seamless look
- Flexible foam cups for the perfect fit
Delimira Women’s Full Coverage Bra
Poor posture can often contribute to the appearance of side fat. The Delimira Women’s Full-Coverage Bra has a great side and back support, utilizing an x-shaped back which helps to distribute the weight of your breasts evenly. This bra uses stretch cups to provide lift and support without squashing breast tissue. This bra also has a wide band and side panels to help hold your breasts and smooth out any side fat.
If the Warner’s Women’s No Side Effects T-Shirt Bra nylon-synthetic fabric blend feels too stiff, but you like its shape contouring benefits, the Delimira bra’s softer 90% polyamide and 10% elastane fabric will suit you better. This bra can even be an alternative to a sports bra, so you can get the most out of your workouts without a tight-fitting band digging into your sides.
- This bra has side and back support to smoothen excess fats becoming prominent due to poor posture.
- This bra distributes the weight of your breasts evenly without putting pressure on the back.
- This bra has minimal breast separation due to the absence of a center gore.
- This bra has a front-clasp design which means you can’t adjust the strap length.
- X-shape back reinforcement for back support and correct posture
- Front hook and eye closure for convenient wear
- Wirefree design, non-padded soft cups with thin elastic lining, for more comfortable & free
Playtex Women’s Ultimate Lift and Support Wire-Free Bra
The Playtex Women’s Ultimate Lift and Support Wire-Free Bra is a great option if you have a larger bust size. This bra not only offers great lift and support, but it also helps smooth out any side fat you may have.
This bra uses molded cups to conform to your natural breast shape which allows the bra to move with your body without gaping. The cups have multiple seams, which help hold your breasts up and prevent sagging. The texture of the fabric and stitching on the bra can be quite obvious underneath curve-hugging clothes, so you may choose to wear this bra when you are wearing a loose fitting outfit.
This bra is different from the other bras on our list as it is made of a jersey-knit fabric that ensures comfort without sacrificing stretch. This fabric also has a cooling and moisture-wicking effect that keeps you feeling fresh. The cups have a rounded and contoured shape to enclose your breasts and prevent any side-fat spillage.
A higher bra band can sometimes exacerbate any side-fat bulges. The Playtex Women’s Ultimate Lift and Support Wire-Free Bra has lower side panels than the Olga Women’s No Side Effects Underwire Contour Bra, which we discuss next on our list. Due to these lower side panels, the Playtex Women’s Ultimate Lift and Support Wire-Free Bra is a better option if you have a shorter torso.
- The seams on this bra reinforce the side panels to keep breast tissue from moving outward from the armpit.
- This bra has full-coverage contoured cups for additional front support and separation for larger breasts.
- This bra is wireless, which may mean less support for more voluptuous breasts.
- The texture of the fabric and stitching on the bra can be quite obvious underneath curve-hugging clothes.
- The seams on the cups of this bra may cause discomfort.
- Comfort You Deserve. Comfort cushion straps are designed to help take the stress off your shoulders....
- Lift You’ll Love. Magic Ring design in the cups help provide lift and side support.
- Support You Can Trust. TruSupport bra design that provides a 4-way support system: extra side and...
Olga Women’s No Side Effects Underwire Contour Bra
The Olga Women's No Side Effects Underwire Contour Bra uses a wide band and full-coverage cups to help stop breast tissue and side fat from accumulating on the sides of the bra.
Wearing a bra with larger breasts can cause temporary tissue migration to the sides. Like the Warner’s Women’s No Side Effects T-Shirt Bra, this bra uses full-coverage and foam-lined cups to push everything towards the center of your chest. This design helps to prevent excess breast tissue from spilling out the sides of the bra while creating a perkier silhouette for wide-set breasts.
Compared to the other bras on our list, Olga’s sides match the height of the cup on the bra, forming a higher side panel that smoothes out any lumps. The band on this bra is fully connected to the cups, going almost all the way up to the armpits. Even if you were to gain weight, the flexible band and cups will hold everything in and accommodate any body changes.
- This bra has higher side panels to hide any side-fat.
- This bra has contouring foam cups for a push-up effect.
- The higher band on this bra may show through sleeveless clothes.
- The smallest size available for this bra is a C cup.
Another bra we’d like to highlight is the 24/7 Perfect Coverage Bra from Third Love. This bra has a micro jersey fabric that is incredibly soft and durable, with a double layer ballet back. The hidden elastic smoothes your sides and back while the hybrid foam cups contour your breasts. The supportive foam on the outside of the cups also helps you achieve a more shapely silhouette.
- Full-coverage contour bra with underwire featuring enhanced side coverage and elastic-free sides and...
- Front-adjustable straps
- Triple hook-and-eye closure
Features to Consider for a Bra for Side Fat
Now that you’ve read our reviews for the best bras for side fat, it’s time to take a look at the features you should consider before you buy your next bra. Below is a table to help guide you.
Comparing Features for Bras for Side Fat
For great side support, you will want an elastic yet firm bra. The bra should not be too tight or too loose as this can change the distribution of your breasts. There are multiple fabrics and fabric blends that can help you get the right tension and compression for your bust.
- Nylon: To help avoid side fat spillage, your bra will need elasticity to be able to adjust to your bust size and firmness to hold and support your breast tissue. Nylon bras recover their shape well and have great flexibility and stretch.
- Polyamide: Some bras are made of soft and thin coverage yet provide double lining for more side support. The polyamide fabric can offer a softer touch on the skin yet with better elasticity than natural fibers like cotton.
- Polyester: This synthetic fiber wears well, and will not become stretched out and loose even if your breasts change in size.
- Elastane: This fabric has unparalleled elasticity, which allows it to move with your body. A bra band made of elastane will stretch as needed and will spring right back into its original shape.
Band and Side Panel
An ill-fitting bra won’t keep the band and side panels in place, which can form side bulges that are most definitely avoidable. A wider band and side panel can cover more of the sides of your breast and help contain any side fats without making your chest feel overly compressed.
A full-coverage bra gives your bust a well-defined shape while supporting your breasts. This is essential if you have large or uneven breasts. The bras on this list all have full-coverage cups that ensure the fabric goes around your whole bust while giving no space for your boobs to spill out of the bra.
With adjustable straps, you can control how tight or loose your bra will be. Bra strap tightness can influence how well the cups rest against your chest, which can affect the distribution of your breast tissue.
The Warner’s and Olga bras come with front-adjustable straps, so you can easily see how the tightness and length affect the fit of the band and cups.
Why Does My Bra Bulge at the Sides?
There are a few reasons why your bra bulges at the side, including improper fit or size. If your bra is too tight, it will push your breast tissue outward, causing bulges. In some cases, side fat happens to older women because of hormonal changes.
How Can I Hide Side Fats?
The best way to hide side fat is to wear properly-fitting bras. You can also wear outfits that highlight other body parts and draw the eyes away from your bustline. Choosing clothes with narrow, vertical stripes can create a sleeker look while wearing darker colors can also help to camouflage any problem areas.
How Should a Bra Fit on the Sides?
A bra’s fit on the sides shouldn’t form wrinkles or creases. The boning structure of the bra should also be flat against the sides of your breasts.
The best bra for your side fat should be supportive yet still allow your breasts to maintain their shape. With the options we have reviewed, you will be able to choose the best bra for your body, and can beat the side-fat bulges that are ruining your otherwise perfect outfits.