We’ve all seen it on Instagram – those picture-perfect models with their hourglass figures and perky breasts. If you’re not born with genetics to give that to you naturally, and cosmetic surgery isn’t for you, how can you possibly attain a full figure like that? Believe it or not, wearing a bra that has the proper amount of lift and shape can work wonders for you!
- The Best Bra for Lift and Side Support Available
- Best Overall Bra for Lift and Side Support: Chantelle Rive Gauche Full Coverage
- Best Lift and Side Support Bra for the Money: Maidenform Ultimate Push Up
- Best Cheap Bra for Lift and Side Support: Playtex 18 Hour Ultimate Lift and Side Support
- Best Bra to Lift Sagging Breasts: PrimaDonna Deauville Full Cup Bra
- Best Bra for Daily Lift and Side Support: Calvin Klein Women’s Perfectly Fit Lightly Lined Memory Touch T-Shirt Bra
- Features to Consider for The Top Bra for Lift and Side Support
- Tips on Buying a Bra for Lift and Shape
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Best Bra for Lift and Side Support Available
We’ve researched and found the 9 best bras for lift and shape. If you want our final vote (without all the reading), the Chantelle Women’s Rive Gauche Full Coverage Unlined Bra wins for Overall Best Bra for Lift and Side Support.
As a recent honorable mention we’ve found, we want to highlight the Pima Cotton Plunge Bra from Third Love as an excellent option for the best for lift and shape. Designed with more coverage and memory foam cups that form to your body, this plunge bra lifts you up and holds you in, keeping you secure through every moment.
Best Overall Bra for Lift and Side Support: Chantelle Rive Gauche Full Coverage
A full-coverage bra is not exactly what comes to mind when we say lift and shape, yet the Chantelle Women’s Rive Gauche Full Coverage Unlined Bra is one bra that fulfills both purposes.
As a full coverage bra, the full cups on this bra are actually creating the rounded shape that’s considered the standard for beautiful breasts with volume. Asymmetrical boobs, bra cup sizes that exceed the triple D’s – whatever your bra dilemma, Chantelle’s Rive Gauche bra can probably resolve.
The bra cups are a 2-part unlined but underwired cup. The cup sizes also reach H and I, if you’re extremely blessed with the breasts. They’re able to hold up your pair without the underwires poking the undersides of your breasts or the bra restricting your boobs.
Made with spandex, the bra cups are stretchable enough to give you breathing room, but still maintain a full and rounded shape on your chest. Not only that, the side panels on this bra center your breasts for a more asymmetrical look.
The Rive Gauche bra even gives you a bonus because it doesn’t only lift and shape, there’s also a U-shaped mesh material at the back of the bra to help catch the rest of the weight of your boobs. This bra offers support on both sides, significantly taking the work off your own muscles, hence giving a super comfortable bra experience overall.
- Full coverage cups
- 32 – 44 band, C – I cup sizes
- Hook and eye closure
- Adjustable straps
- Side panels for extra side support
- U-shaped back mesh
- Hand Wash
- Unlined underwire cups
- Full coverage cups
Best Lift and Side Support Bra for the Money: Maidenform Ultimate Push Up
Maidenform Women's Plunge Embellished Push Up Underwire Bra is much like the first bra, if their names are to be compared.
This also guarantees an ultimate lift as this underwire bra is a push up bra, though this time, it’s a plunge style rather than full side coverage. The plunge on this full coverage underwire bra, combined with the push up factor, really helps to lift up your breasts and shape them. The padding on this underwire bra works to gently push your boobs upwards and slightly inwards.
The appearance of the underwire bra looks like a standard supportive bra, and it caters to traditionally average cup sizes. The band on this underwire bra ranges from 32-38, and the cups from A-D.
The underwires in this bra are covered in the same lace material as the rest of the underwire bra, so it’s not totally the first thing that touches your skin. This underwire bra lifts your breasts because the half-cups only cover the bottom part, leaving the rest of your boobs to complete the round shape on top.
The cups are structured, but this full coverage underwire bra is crafted with a luxurious soft suede feel that increases comfort, as with the rest of the underwire bra from the straps to the band.
- Plunge demi cup style
- 32 – 38 band, A – D cup sizes
- Hook and eye closure at the back
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Underwired cups with padding
- Sueded-touch lace fabric
- Lacy, soft and sexy lift
- Luxuriously soft, sueded-touch fabric
- Supremely comfortable push-up with lightweight, plush padding
Best Cheap Bra for Lift and Side Support: Playtex 18 Hour Ultimate Lift and Side Support
By its name alone, you can know Playtex Women’s 18 Hour Ultimate Lift and Side Support Wire Free Bra doesn’t joke around when it comes to lifting your breasts. This bra features a wire-free design and cups that wouldn’t hold out quite easily.
With an expansive bra size range around the bust, this wire free bra would likely fit most women. The band on this wire free bra sizes range from 36-48, and the cups range from B-G. If you’re a woman with larger breasts, this wire free bra is an excellent option for giving you shape, side support, and lift that you can wear around the house all day.
Underwires and structured bra cups don’t automatically mean a bra is a push-up. This wire-free bra, however, fulfills the requirements because the cups on the underside of the breasts are adequately supportive without digging or chafing the skin.
All the while, the cups on this bra have lifting side panels made with a spandex material that stretches a bit to accommodate and enhances out your natural shape.
The straps on this wire free bra from Playtex are slightly thicker than a standard bra strap. This is because Playtex added cushioning into the straps, which maximizes the comfort you get while wearing this wire free bra! The cushioning is especially helpful if you have larger breasts because you are more prone to shoulder pain – the first thing you want is a comfortable strap without digging into you!
Another reason we love this wire free bra is because of the back design. This bra has a smooth back with subtle seaming, which allows your clothes to sit over it without having your bra bulge out.
This is a key feature to look for when finding a wire free bra that provide support and a good shape. While you want the front of your chest to be shaped nicely, it’s also important to think about what a bra does to your back!
For its price point, this wire free bra does what it’s expected to with features that fulfill the lift and support that you might be aiming for. This bra also has a beautiful jacquard pattern that’s enticing from afar as it is when you’re wearing it.
- Full coverage cups
- Lifting Side Panels
- 36 – 48 band, B – G cup
- Hook and eye closure
- Adjustable straps
- 4-way TRU Side Support bra
- Back smoothing wings
- Comfort You Deserve. Comfort cushion straps are designed to help take the stress off your shoulders....
- Lift You’ll Love. Magic Ring design in the cups help provide lift and side support.
- Support You Can Trust. TruSupport bra design that provides a 4-way support system: extra side and...
Best Bra to Lift Sagging Breasts: PrimaDonna Deauville Full Cup Bra
Perhaps aging or breastfeeding has made your breasts start sagging and you need a supportive bra that has a built-in lift. Well, the PrimaDonne Deauville Full Cup Bra is a perfect option to lift breasts that are sitting lower than desired.
This unlined 3-part cup bra is definitely a must-try, it offers great side support with its soft, padded underwire. It’s nickel-free and encased in a layer of rubber to provide you with additional comfort.
The silky fabric also gives a hint of sexiness as you wear it. It is made of 55% polyamide, 30% polyester, 10% cotton, and 5% elastane which adds to the sturdiness of the whole bra when you’re wearing it. Plus, the bra also offers an elastic lining at the top to give you a customized feeling.
The band of this supportive bra is also wide enough and has a 2-3 hook and eye closures. These increase in number as the size increases as well. If you have large breasts that are starting to sag, this supportive bra might as well be your next favorite bra.
- Gorgeous and supportive, unlined 3-part cup bra
- Soft, padded underwire is nickel-free for comfort
- Customized fit thanks to elastic lining at top of cups
- Close-set back adjustable stretch straps
- 3 column, 2 row hook & eye closure; increases with size
- 55% polyamide, 30% polyester, 10% cotton, 5% elastane
- Country of origin: Imported
- Care: Hand wash cold. Lay flat to dry.
Best Bra for Daily Lift and Side Support: Calvin Klein Women’s Perfectly Fit Lightly Lined Memory Touch T-Shirt Bra
If you’re looking for the best bra you could feel free to wear on a daily basis, the Calvin Klein Women’s Perfectly Fit Lightly Lined Memory Touch Bra could be your next go-to bra. After all, it is voted as “The Best T-Shirt Bra” in the New York Magazine a few years back.
This bra does not add extra unnecessary bulk underneath your shirts. It actually provides plenty of side support when you’re wearing it. This bra gives you a soft and super comfortable side coverage.
This Calvin Klein bra uses an innovative Memory Touch foam technology. This gives you a smooth and seamless finish that makes it mold to your body. This creates personalized support, something that stands out in an everyday bra.
The double-layer bonded wings of this bra also add additional side support. This is designed to be invisible under your clothes. Indeed, this bestseller bra is worth investing in.
- Gives smooth, seamless finish that looks invisible under your clothes
- Made with 72% nylon and 28% elastane
- Adjustable straps and comfortable side panels
- Comfortable, Soft Bra with full silhouette
- Made of soft fabrics and silhouettes for everyday occasion
- Calvin Klein logo on left wing
- Voted "The Best T-shirt Bra" from New York Magazine!
- Memory foam technology that molds quickly to the shape of the body, creating a personalized lift
- Double layer bonded wings for invisibility and soft support
Features to Consider for The Top Bra for Lift and Side Support
Regardless of the style of bra you pick, you should consider these in the best bras with enough side support.
A push-up bra that pushes up your breasts is one of the most coveted types of bras for lifting purposes.
A push-up is an umbrella term for a lot of different styles of bras. Just because a bra has underwires or provide support and full side coverage, it doesn’t necessarily follow that it’s a push-up bra. An indication of good push-up bras is when they position the nipples between your shoulders and elbows.
If you’re a big-busted woman or just have saggy breasts, an underwire bra is almost essential to keeping your boobs up towards your chest; otherwise they’re left pointing downward without underwire side support.
The only thing about an underwire bra is the discomfort which can be a dealbreaker. Who wants to be uncomfortable for long periods of time anyway? Opt for underwires without digging, chafing, and poking.
Rigid or Stretchable Cups
They do most of the job in holding your breasts in place. They’re responsible for keeping your breasts in the position that was mentioned earlier (nipples halfway between your shoulders and elbows).
The shape comes second. To achieve this, there are only two options: rigid or stretchable. Rigid cups provide enough support to make sure your breasts adhere to a rounded shape, especially when they’re asymmetrical or need a little boost in the right angle towards the middle.
Bras with stretchable cups will support large breasts and just enhance and smoothen the silhouette of rounded boobs underneath tops.
Either way, there should be no gaps in the cup and they should look like they enhance your natural shape instead of enforcing a kind of rounded breast that doesn’t really match yours.
Stretchy or Adjustable Straps
Straps may not be your initial concern when searching for the best bras that are great for side support. Straps that are too tight cause a lot of discomfort. This is because they help the bra to support your breasts.
Always invest in bras that are either stretchy or adjustable. This would help you get the most out of your side support bra. You can even consider a strapless bra.
Have you ever felt some discomfort and pain in your breasts when you are taking a brisk walk or hurrying as you walk quickly from your apartment to the office? This may be because you’re wearing regular bras or an ill-fitting bra. This could lead to discomfort in your breasts as they awkwardly flop up and down and side to side when you’re moving.
The higher the sides are, the more support bras give. Plus, bras such as side-support bras help make your bust look smaller by at least two inches.
A wider band at the back of your bra will help you avoid back flab. This will make the appearance of the back look more even and smoother when wearing tight dresses or body-hugging shirts.
Besides that, how does it really affect the bra’s ability to support your bust? The answer is that bras with wider bands usually consist of full figure cups. Bras with this feature offer full side coverage on your breasts, hence giving your bust ultra comfort and support.
Besides a wider band, you must consider the fit or tightness of the bra’s band as well. Bras with a tight-fitting band doesn’t mean they create bulges on your back and under your arms. Instead, bras with tight-fitting bands should be tight enough to stay in place as you wear it.
You’ll know the bra fits right when the band at the back of the bra is aligned to the one in front, whether it’s a seamless band or one with underwires. If the band at the back of the bra is riding up, it just cancels out the push-up work bras do for the breasts in front.
Tips on Buying a Bra for Lift and Shape
Here are some of the things you need to factor in when buying your next bra:
- Measure your breast size first before buying a bra. This makes it easier for you to start looking for the right fit when you’re shopping, whether that be on physical shops or online bras sites. By knowing your size, you can pick a comfortable bra size that’s right for you.
- Check your body type, too. This is because some types of bras like the Warner’s No Side Effects Full Coverage Underwire Contour Bra or the Vanity Fair Strapless Bra Full-Figure Underwire are recommended only for certain body types and it would be of your advantage when looking for a bra that’s perfect for your needs.
- Try on the bras and examine if the bras create unnecessary bulges. In connection with checking to see if the bra fits you perfectly, check to see if the bras create back or underarm fat, especially wearing tight dresses or body-hugging tees.
- Know that bra sizes are not consistent. There are going to be times when you have to stick with bra sizes that are one or two less or more than your original size simply because it is the most fitting for you. Be flexible and don’t force yourself to always buy the exact same bra size.
- Take good care of your bras. Even though you’ve bought the best bras listed in this article, it is still required for you to take good care of them. Note the way the bras supposed to be washed, and hang or organize bras properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Bra Should I Wear for My Saggy Breasts?
The best kind of bra that you should wear for your saggy breasts is a push-up bra. It has a great lifting effect and provides support for your breasts. Additionally, if you are going to wear it under a v-shaped or deep-neck dress, this type of bra will not show itself because of the plunge feature.
Which Bra Gives My Breasts the Most Lift?
The type of bra that can give the most lift to your breasts is the full cup or full coverage bra. It can support your breasts by giving them a good shape. This feature of the bra can also give lift and support even if you have fuller breasts.
What Is the Best Bra for Heavy Breasts?
The best bra for heavy breasts is an underwired bra that offers natural shaping and prevents your breast tissue from flowing through the sides. An underwired bra can also give you enough lift and support by distributing the weight of your breasts all over the inside of the cups.
The right bras can really improve your best assets and these bras consider women of every size, curvy or full figure. However, if you’ve seen every recommendation and been to multiple fittings yet still can’t find your right size, maybe pay more attention to the right features instead.