Often times, we fall in love with beautiful dresses but end up not buying them because we don’t know what bra to wear with them. You could wear a sticky bra, though depending on the cut of the dress, this type of bra can still pop out of the dress. This is when boob tape comes in handy!
There are different types of tape you can use and different ways to tape your boobs, depending on how big your boobs are or what type of dress you’re wearing.
- Our Top Boob Tape Reviews
- How to Choose the Best Boob Tape
- Reasons to Use Boob Tapes
- How to Use Boob Tape
- Things to do Before Taping Your Boobs
- Removing the Tape
- Final Thoughts
Our Top Boob Tape Reviews
Here’s how you can choose the best boob tape for you, how to use it, and our 4 favorites.
Best Overall Boob Tape: New Boob Tape Breast Lift Tape
This Breast Lift Tape from New Boob Tape is a strong medical grade skin and boob tape, which is made of durable transparent gaffer tape. It can be used on any skin tone and with a large variety of fabric types.
It can be used for all breast sizes from cups A to E. Each pack comes with a practical 5-meter roll and you can cut out the length that’s suitable for your needs.
Whether you’re looking to lift your breast, flatten it, or enhance cleavage, this is a very good option. It gives good support and an outline for the breast.
This tape is also sweatproof, waterproof, and can last for about a day without peeling off.
This tape is hypoallergenic and quite safe, so it’s unlikely that it’ll cause much irritation compared to other brands.
Apply the tape starting from the bottom of the breast and continuing all the way to the shoulders. Once you make sure that the tape is secure and everything looks fine, remove the pink side of the tape and you’re good to go.
- Boob Tape is a roll of transparent medical grade breast lift tape designed especially for skin! A-E...
- Use our Breast Lift Tape to lift, separate, flatten, boost and create all the cleavage, bra-free...
- Cut, trim and tape your breasts for any dress or occasion with our generous 5 metre roll of clear...
But don’t get fooled by the pink removable side, this tape isn’t double-sided. This side is made for contrast purposes.
When compared to the other tapes on this list, you’ll probably find it the easiest to remove.
Once you follow instructions, you’ll find this tape very easy to apply.
What We Like:
- Lasts for a long time
- Easy to remove and doesn’t leave residue
What We Don’t Like:
- May stick to itself once the paper is removed
- Not very strong
Best Boob Tape for the Money: New Boob Tape Nude DIY Lift
This nude New Boob Tape for DIY Lift is made of 100% polyester fiber which has good elasticity. Its convenient 2.2 inches width, makes it very comfortable and versatile to use with different strap thicknesses and deep V-necks.
You’ll love that it comes in a natural tan color making it likely to suit most skin tones and not show through thin clothes.
It has an ultra-thin breathable fabric so it’s a great choice as boob tape for deep plunge, backless, and strapless dresses.
You can comfortably bend with these tapes without crackling noise and discomfort. Its color and material make it unnoticeable.
The adhesive is less irritant compared to other brands because it’s a safe medical-grade glue. However, it holds well on both fabric and skin and gives good support.
It’s also waterproof, so in case of any unexpected situation, like a glass of water spilling on your dress, for instance, this boob tape has got your back and won’t fall off.
- 💕FABRIC TAPE &ProfessionaL GRADE MATERIAL：Made of 100% Professional grade cloth and medical...
- 💕MULTI-FUNCTIONAL TAPE& WATERPROOF：Easy to use and Waterproof. It can be attached to your feet...
- 💕SIZE：2.4 inches wide (sufficient length and width can make you more convenient to use.)...
When it’s time to remove the tape, it’s best to do so after a hot bath so that you don’t feel any pain or irritate your skin. Water will dissolve most of the glue and make the process much easier.
Also, it’s important to be very cautious if you have sensitive skin or if you’re allergic to adhesives. Try this tape on a small area and test for allergic reactions first before using it for a long time.
What We Like:
- Natural tan color
- Powerful adhesion
- Gives a lift that lasts long
What We Don’t Like:
- Difficult to remove
- May leave some residue
- Unsuitable for sensitive skin
Best Cheap Boob Tape: Braza Flash Double Sided Clothing Tape
The Braza Flash tape comes in handy for almost all types of dresses and fashion emergencies. It even works great with thin strap dresses.
This tape is made of excellent quality, safe medical-grade adhesive. Since it’s double-sided, it can adhere easily to both skin and fabric and last for long hours.
Just be careful that the adhesive of this tape is pretty strong, so don’t use it on very delicate fabric.
Its transparent color makes it a great choice under almost any type of dress. You also don’t have to worry if your clothes are thin because these tapes won’t show.
You’ll find that this tape comes with a dispenser, so it’s very easy to use. It leaves a bit of residue when it comes off, so it’s advisable to use something like baby oil to remove these residues gently.
- 1 - 20ft Roll of Medical Grade, Hypoallergenic and Waterproof Clear Adhesive Tape.
- Helps Secure: Deep Plunge Clothing, Tube Tops and Halters, Wrap-Style Tops, Bathing Suits, close...
- Compact easy to use fumble free dispenser is convenient to carry in your bag, car, put in your desk,...
Taking off these tapes can be a bit irritating, especially if you have generally sensitive skin, that’s why removing the tape during or after a hot bath is a great idea as well!
One thing you need to watch out for is that this tape isn’t sweatproof, so it isn’t the best option if you’ll use it on hot days.
What We Like:
- Comes with a dispenser
- Safe, medical grade adhesive
- Lasts for a long time before you need to buy a new one
What We Don’t Like:
- Difficult to remove and may leave residue
- Not sweatproof
- May irritate sensitive skin
- Not recommended to be used with very delicate fabric
Best Medical Boob Tape: Spartan Tape Kinesiology Tape
This Spartan Kinesiology Tape a sturdy latex-free athletic tape with a comfortable and practical 2-inch width that can come in handy with a variety of dress options.
It’s also waterproof and doesn’t come off easily. It’s hypoallergenic and thus unlikely to cause any irritation or skin reactions when in use or during removal.
This tape has great flexibility and is designed to move with you. It can stretch up to 50-80%. What makes this tape even more comfortable is that it’s made of breathable cloth, which makes it great for hot and humid weather conditions.
Its fabric is particularly great under thin clothes, as the tape looks very smooth under fabric unlike other types of tape that get crumpled and look awkward.
Since this tape is designed for athletes, it’s durable and can last pretty long.
This tape is sweat-proof so you don’t have to worry if you sweat a lot.
- ✅ SPEED UP YOUR RECOVERY AND ENJOY FREEDOM FROM PAIN - recover faster due to increased kinesio...
- ✅ INCREASE YOUR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE - The SPARTHOS Kinesiology Tape enables your muscles to more...
- ✅ WATERPROOF AND LIGHTWEIGHT TECHNOLOGY - When properly applied, the SPARTHOS TAPE can stay on...
Also, it offers a good support and contour and no crackling noise like other types of tape, so you can bend and move without worrying about anything.
The Spartan tape comes in 16 different colors, including black and white, but we recommend this particular neutral ‘desert beige’ color, which is great under any dress type or color.
What We Like:
- Flexible and comfortable to use
- Great support and long-lasting
- Neutral color and breathable cloth
- Easy to apply
- Gentle and almost causes no pain during removal
What We Don’t Like:
- Adhesive isn’t very strong compared to other tapes designed for breast lifting
How to Choose the Best Boob Tape
There are certain situations in which you need the support of a bra but you can’t actually have one on. Boob tape is one of the greatest alternatives in such circumstances.
There are several material options you can choose from. Some have stronger adhesive properties than others. Examples include:
- Gaffer Tape
- Medical/ Surgical Tape
- Athletic Tape
- Duct Tape
It’s one of the most popular options (and by popular we mean Kardashian-approved!). It’s quite strong, holds in place for a long time, and gives you all the support you need, but it might be a bit more painful to remove.
Medical and Athletic tapes
They’re much easier on your skin because they’re made to go on there, but they’re also less sticky and thus offer less support. Just make sure you’re not using the paper kind of medical tapes because it’s not very sticky or flexible.
It’s probably the strongest when it comes to adhesion, but it’s also the most painful at the time of removal. And for this reason, it’s definitely not the best one to use for sensitive skin.
Reasons to Use Boob Tapes
If you have never thought about using boob tape before, it might not be obvious as to why it could be a viable option as a way to cover your breasts. Here are 4 reasons you might want to use this tape:
- Enhance cleavage
- Flatten the chest
- Add support and decrease movement
- Wear deep plunge and backless dresses
How to Use Boob Tape
Boob tape can be used by all women, whether you have small or big boobs. How to use boob tape (horizontally, vertically, on its own, with support, etc) depends on why you need to use it and what you’re wearing.
Women With Small Boobs
If you need to enhance your cleavage, you can wear a push-up bra or use boob tape, if you can’t wear a bra.
One of the easiest ways to do this is to get some padding (can be regular bra pads, silicone inserts, or the cups of an old bra that you can cut out) and use it as support and tape across your breast area to push your boobs up.
Deep Plunge or Backless Dresses
First of all, if you’re wearing such dresses (especially the deep plunge) you’ll need to tape each breast separately. Lift your boobs to give support and start from the outer part, moving inwards as you go.
Also, always start from the bottom and continue to the top and not the other way around to give it a nice lift.
Women With Big Boobs
If you have big boobs and you don’t want them to look saggy, you can give them a nice lift with boob tape because let’s face it, sticky bras and all that isn’t really very practical with big boobs.
You can use tape to make DIY breast lift tapes and use them instead of a bra or mimic the shape of a whole bra that ends at your sides (to be able to wear backless dresses).
Keep in mind that you need to lean forward or hold your breasts up to lift and hold them in the right position with the tapes.
Flattening Your Chest
If you need to flatten your chest to have support and reduce movement but you can’t wear a bra for some reason, boob tape can come in really handy.
You want to tape horizontally across your chest to flatten it. But don’t lean forward or lift your breasts up. Just hold them apart and strap them with tape.
Things to do Before Taping Your Boobs
There are certain things you need to keep in mind before starting the boob taping procedure.
Allergy to Adhesive Material
Check if you have any sensitivity or allergy to the adhesive material. If you already know that you have some sort of allergy to adhesive material, consider using tapes with weak glue.
If you’re not sure, do a patch test with a small piece on the inside of your arm.
Make Sure Your Skin is Dry
Make sure your skin is clean and dry because if it’s oily, the tape won’t stick properly or hold on for a long time. If you sweat a lot, make sure to avoid taping areas that get too sweaty so the tapes don’t come off.
A good idea would be to rub your skin with alcohol to wipe out any oil or impurities from your skin.
Also, it’s important to avoid the use of moisturizers (although you’ll feel tempted to do so to avoid pain when removing the tape) because – once again – the tape won’t stick properly.
- Be careful when removing the tapes because it can be painful and may even tear some skin along the way (depending on the type of skin and type of tape used).
- Don’t tape all the way around your chest area (360 degrees) to avoid restricting your breathing.
- When choosing the material of the tape, make sure it doesn’t make any crackly noise when you move or hug someone.
Removing the Tape
If all the rest was easy, this part is the most difficult or unpleasant in the whole boob taping process. Here’s how you can make it a bit easier.
- A hot bath/ shower can help weaken the adhesive part of the tape, making it easier to be removed with less or no pain.
- Apply some oil, cream or moisturizer while pulling the tape to make it loosen up more easily.
- Put a pad at sensitive parts (such as the nipples) so that the tape doesn’t come directly on it and cause pain during removal.
- If you have adhesive residue on your skin after removing the tapes, you can use alcohol or baby oil to remove it.
Over the course of history, women have tried hundreds of amazing, weird, extreme, valuable, and crazy things to reach their fashion goals and set trends.
One of these trends is the boob tape, which is a great solution for many fashion emergencies, but it’s important to try out the procedure first before going in public or to an actual event. You never know!